Special Modern Warfare 2 Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Modern Warfare 2 Controller

That's right...get your night vision goggles, Call of Duty shirt, custom controller, and dead carcass so you can fully immerse yourself in the game! Okay...the last part wasn't true, but it would bring the blood and smell of death right to your living room. Too much reality?

With that being said, if you are excited about the upcoming release of MW2, you may want to send a tweet to @fourzerotwo to get your opinion in on what you would like for the custom MW2 controller being made. Read below for more info:

Infinity Ward community guru Robert Bowling issued an interesting tweet this afternoon -- one that suggests the developer is consulting (with who we don't yet know) on a Modern Warfare 2 controller. Before you start envisioning a fully functioning M4 carbine to go with your night vision goggles, know that the pad surely sounds of the nothing-too-fancy variety. Specifically, we know it'll have analog thumbsticks, as Bowling asks followers of his Twitter feed whether they prefer concave (innie) or convex (outie) stick-tops.

We asked Bowling about the controller, and while he couldn't offer any solid details, he did confirm it "isn't being manufactured by [Infinity Ward] or [Activision]," and that the call for votes was meant to "get the opinions of the people who will actually be using it to help settle a debate." You can cast your vote by sending a tweet to @fourzerotwo. (We went with "concave.")

It does not say if this custom controller being made is an Xbox 360 exclusive or across all platforms. Would you buy the custom MW2 controller if it comes out for your console?

Source

Re: Special Modern Warfare 2 Controller

OH MY GOD YES.

This would be worth 200. I'd so buy this, and play every game with it + get the adaptor, and play it with my PC lol :awes

I wouldn't mind spending 300 on A riot shield, Nv, and this lol, toss in a free t-shirt, and call it a deal.

Comment

wow.... Infinity Ward is pullin out all the gimmicks.:hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by JoMaMaz
        Before you start envisioning a fully functioning M4 carbine to go with your night vision goggles
        This is purely a mockup pic of them somewhat poking fun at the idea, but it does look pretty neat lol. Maybe THEY just invented a new controller for MW2.

Comment

Custom controllers are typically a waste of money and time. Only a couple games need custom controllers, and even then, these controllers are typically for enthusiasts. For example, arcade fighting sticks for fighting games or rhythm controllers. Just about everything else is unnecessary and stupid.

Comment

Rarely do "custom" controllers last very long, especially something like this. I can see a 14 year old getting angry because his night vision goggles are making it hard for him to pwn with his uber leet haxor skilz, so he throws the custom controller to the ground and "snap", there goes the barrel of the gun.

Comment

I would just feel like the biggest loser with those NVG's and a M4 shaped controller...

No thanks I'll save my money for something thats worth it.

Comment

The best custom controller for a console would be...

Comment

I Agree! :awes2

Comment

You have to be joking... That's the most ridiculous idea for a controller I have ever seen.

Originally posted by =d][b=Ausden
                    Rarely do "custom" controllers last very long, especially something like this. I can see a 14 year old getting angry because his night vision goggles are making it hard for him to pwn with his uber leet haxor skilz, so he throws the custom controller to the ground and "snap", there goes the barrel of the gun.
                    lol Fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
                      The best custom controller for a console would be...
                      :laugh: Owned! Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                      X