Cities XL Release Date Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cities XL Release Date Announced

Monte Cristo has announced today that their upcoming city building game Cities XL will be available worldwide in early October. They have also signed up with a new distribution partner. Take a look:
    In order to meet high expectations for our upcoming next-generation city builder game Cities XL, Monte Cristo has decided to shift the release date to early October 2009.

Focus and Flashpoint will distribute Cities XL on October 8th in the following countries: France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Switzerland, and Austria.

Also, Monte Cristo is proud to announce that we have signed a distribution deal with Namco Bandai Partners to distribute the game in the following countries: UK, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Spain, Italy on October 9; and Australia and New Zealand on October 8.

An announcement regarding North America publishing dates will come at a later date.

Be sure to stay tuned for the announcement of the North American release date. Learn more about Cities XL by visiting here.

Re: Cities XL Release Date Announced

I think this will be an instant buy for me, since EA crashed the SimCity franchise. Hopefully this will spark some extra life into the city simulator community. SimCity 4 still has a very active fanbase but it's slooowly being drained on life.

Still hoping we get a demo/trial though.

Comment

Yea, looks interesting. im only gonna spend my cash on it if we get an amazing Demo.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
        I think this will be an instant buy for me, since EA crashed the SimCity franchise. Hopefully this will spark some extra life into the city simulator community. SimCity 4 still has a very active fanbase but it's slooowly being drained on life.

Still hoping we get a demo/trial though.
        There is a closed beta going on right now. I'm not sure if there is any way you can still get a code for it or not though. :hmm:

Comment

I have played the closed beta, and it's nothing too special IMO.

To be completely honest I hated it, it concentrated way too much on the stupid little nuances of a city in order to become prosperous. The thing I enjoyed about Sim City 4 was that you could build a city and expand it relatively easily and be able to do huge things in a manageable scope, and also concentrate on smaller more detailed scenery, and locations.

CitiesXL is more about your Sims needs than anything else from what I got out of it, and the MMO aspect is strange and confusing.

I wouldn't buy it. =/

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
            I have played the closed beta, and it's nothing too special IMO.

To be completely honest I hated it, it concentrated way too much on the stupid little nuances of a city in order to become prosperous. The thing I enjoyed about Sim City 4 was that you could build a city and expand it relatively easily and be able to do huge things in a manageable scope, and also concentrate on smaller more detailed scenery, and locations.

CitiesXL is more about your Sims needs than anything else from what I got out of it, and the MMO aspect is strange and confusing.

I wouldn't buy it. =/
            Hmm... will have to see then

Comment

Yaaay!!!! The winter is saved!!!

Comment

Working...
              X