Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Guide For Joining Friends, Logging into EA, Etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Guide For Joining Friends, Logging into EA, Etc...

Gordon Van Dyke has posted up a new thread over on the EA UK Forums that acts as a guide for a number of aspects in Battlefield 1943 including joining friends. Take a look:
    Now that we have sorted most (not all) of our issues on our end we'd like you to try some of these suggestions that have helped many resolve issues that have affected them playing BF1943. If trying these still don't help please feel free to post in here about you issue. Give as much detail as possible or we can't help no matter how badly we'd like to.

Also, if you've found solutions please post them and I'll add them to this post with credit to you for the help.

Playing With Friends (Squad & Private Matches)
    If you still can't connect on Xbox 360 or PS3 and are behind a Network Router/Gateway you should forward the ports listed below. If you don't know how to do this grab your nerdiest friend to help or go to your Router/Gateway manufacturers support site.

PS3 Users: Use these ports or DMZ your system to allow these services.
    TCP Ports: 80, 13020, 18280, 18285
    UDP Ports: 53, 3074, 11000-11030, 18285

XBOX 360 Users: Only forward this port UDP 3074 is the most important port for you to forward and can easily block joining friends in our game. We use the built in friend invite system for Xbox 360, one thing they don't allow is inviting a friend to play on a full server. This was also the cause of not being able to squad up with friends when most servers were full. Also, if the person that created the squad pr Private match has any issues joining friends or port restrictions when attempting to connet it will fail for everyone. If it fails see if a different friend can start it instead, but the person with issues won't connect and the others without these issues will.

To check out the rest of this guide, which includes info on connecting to EA Online, visit here.

Re: Help Guide For Joining Friends, Logging into EA, Etc...

now if they fix the microphone problems...

Comment

I remember the good old days when all you had to do to play a game was put in the disc. However, with this Arcade game it was supposed to be even simpler than that. Don't get me wrong, though, I've done port forwarding before, and it's not the hardest thing in the world. It was just a pain going through the steps to show my friend how to do it over the phone.

Comment

I remember the days when I had to create a floppy boot disk to get enough base memory on my Mum's PC to run a game, and before that there was the very dodgy cassette tapes. I think I'd rather forward ports thanks, but I do get your drift.

Comment

Working...
        X