Over 80,000 Players Strong In Only One Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over 80,000 Players Strong In Only One Day

GamerBytes is reporting that after launch day was over, Battlefield 1943 recorded 80,000+ players. Take a look:
    Hearing about those server woes for Battlefield 1943 after the Xbox Live Arcade release hit? Well there is a reason for that - it's incredibly popular.

As of a day after its release the Leaderboards for Battlefield 1943 are currently over 80,000 strong, and that number continues to climb rapidly. I'd say that Battlefield 1943 is quite possibly the fastest selling XBLA title that we've ever seen - in comparison almost all of the Xbox Live Arcade titles for June have struggled to sell over 10,000 each, and this has octupled that in a day.

Congrats to DICE for easily breaking the record for the fastest selling XBLA game!

Re: Over 80,000 Players Strong In Only One Day

I'll be the first to admit that I was skeptical when I heard about BF1943, but it looks like this may end up being a cash cow after all. My only hope is that this doesn't make EA/DICE shift their focus from beefy games like BF2 (and presumably BF3) to smaller, cheaper titles like this. Then again, I suppose there's always room for expansion so maybe it could start out small and end up epic?

Either way, I'm actually starting to get eager for the PC release.

Comment

Re: Over 80,000 Players Strong In Only One Day

Are there any numbers of players for PS3 version of BF1943?

Comment

Working...
      X