Battlefield 1943 Day 2 - Servers Maxed Out More Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 1943 Day 2 - Servers Maxed Out More Coming

Yesterday EA released Battlefield 1943 on the Xbox 360 and as of day 2 are unable to keep up with demand for online servers. Check it out:
    Reports are coming in from EA employees that, "BF 1943 servers are currently maxed out but we are quickly adding more servers to accommodate demand," said EA Online Marketing Manager Jonathan Long. The official Battlefield 1943 twitter profile released this statement moments ago, "Xbox 360 will have around double the servers we have now by 4:30 PST (12:30 GMT)! This will be done in stages so please bear with us." Dice Producer Gordon Van Dyke said, "DICE and EA-IT is at DEFCON 1 adding servers faster than two rats f***ing in a wool sock!!"

Battlefield 1943 should be releasing later today in North America on the PlayStation Network store for PlayStation 3's. The PSN stores in Europe and Japan already have the game available for purchase and download.

Check back to Total Battlefield and the TGN Twitter profile for more information on this progressing story.

Re: Battlefield 1943 Day 2 - Servers Maxed Out More Coming

Two rats ****ing in a wool sock? I'm going to start using that from now on.

Comment

Just bought it on the PS3 and had a quick go. The controls suck ***, really awkward to get used to. Would be better if you could configure your own buttons. The graphics are really blocky, shame they could not get 1080p running on it. Looks as if the engine could handle it easily. Planes are a nightmare to control. You would think they would have put the accelerator on L2 R2 buttons not the L1 R1.

There are no squad commands. Ships are static. Planes are 1 seater only.

Not too impressed with it really. I'd give it about 6.5 out of 10.

Hopes are it will be so much better onb the PC if DICE can pull their thumbs out of their asses.

Comment

Originally posted by bogie170
        Just bought it on the PS3 and had a quick go. The controls suck ***, really awkward to get used to. Would be better if you could configure your own buttons. The graphics are really blocky, shame they could not get 1080p running on it. Looks as if the engine could handle it easily. Planes are a nightmare to control. You would think they would have put the accelerator on L2 R2 buttons not the L1 R1.

There are no squad commands. Ships are static. Planes are 1 seater only.

Not too impressed with it really. I'd give it about 6.5 out of 10.

Hopes are it will be so much better onb the PC if DICE can pull their thumbs out of their asses.
        Question is are you a console or pc player and what are you comparing 1943 to? If it is BF2 then there is no comparison. And if you are mainly a pc player than of course the controls would feel awkward and hard to control. What did you expect for 15 dollars?

Comment

No 1080p? Well fsck that. Was gonna get it for the 360 but I think I'll just wait for the PC version.

EDIT:
          Originally posted by stilla-killa
          Question is are you a console or pc player and what are you comparing 1943 to? If it is BF2 then there is no comparison. And if you are mainly a pc player than of course the controls would feel awkward and hard to control. What did you expect for 15 dollars?
          Don't believe he was comparing it to anything. He was just stating some facts bro. Just cause it's $15 doesn't mean it should be lacking in certain areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexadecimal
            No 1080p? Well fsck that. Was gonna get it for the 360 but I think I'll just wait for the PC version.

EDIT:

Don't believe he was comparing it to anything. He was just stating some facts bro. Just cause it's $15 doesn't mean it should be lacking in certain areas.
            I understand that but I see he is a BF2 player and I was just asking if he was compairing 1943 to it.

Comment

I understand that but I see he is a BF2 player and I was just asking if he was compairing 1943 to it.
              Oh ok, I'm with ya. :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Hexadecimal
                Uh, are there any console FPS games that run in native 1080p? I think you'll find that almost all of them are 720p but the 360 can upscale them to 1080p. Same applies to 1943.

Downloading now on my PS3

Comment

Upscaling to 1080p and 1080p are completely different. Wipeout HD and Gran Turismo Prologue are two titles that are native 1080p.

There is no anti aliasing either on BF1943 on PS3 which does not help matters.

Its ok to get it for a quick play for £10 but i'm sure the PC version will be far superior when DICE finally release it.

Comparing this latest release to BF1942. Foot soldiers feel more responsive and not so spongy although you cant go prone. 1942's air battles are much superior. The dumbed down squad system is lacking and auto reloads just makes the game feel simple and tageted at more casual players.

My opinion. Each to their own. I just thought i'd share my views with fellow PC BF players.

Comment

wow even at 3am est one cant get on...

Comment

If its not to be compared to battlefield games, why does it use the name?

I found the game to be slow and boring. The controls are sluggish and the graphics didn't impress me. All of this after countless attempts to enter a server.

In conclusion, this is a shake and bake game with the battlefield name slapped on it. Even for 15 bucks, its not worth it in my opinion. Note, its only 15 bucks if you already have the points. If you don't have the points, you'll need to sped 20 bucks.

Comment

I have the PS3 version and I never had one problem connecting to a server. But then again not as many PS3 players as there is Xbox360 players.

Comment

I played about 4 or 5 rounds last night on the PS3 version as well, and never had any problems connecting and the server was almost always full. I definitely had fun with the game last night and look forward to the (hopefully) superior PC version.

Comment

Suggestion to EA: Since there are MILLIONS of people online, your server capacity should reflect that. doubling your capacity isn't enough if the original capacity is only a few thousand. The servers should have capacity to assume every member of xbox live and PLAYSTATION Network want to play online..
                            I am sure there is a way to get servers to handle millions of players without problems... oh and maybe having the servers use Core i7 cpu's would help too.
                            just a suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                            X