Left 4 Dead 1 DLC Announcement Coming Shortly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left 4 Dead 1 DLC Announcement Coming Shortly

Shacknews reported today that a DLC announcement will be happening soon for Left 4 Dead. They've also noted that the pre-orders for Left 4 Dead 2 double those of the original. Take a look:
    Though Left 4 Dead 2 is slated to arrive on PC and Xbox 360 come November 17, developer Valve has reaffirmed that it will continue to support the original edition of its cooperative zombie shooter with as-yet-unspecified downloadable content.

"More info will be coming shortly on the [Left 4 Dead 1] DLC," Valve's Chet Faliszek told Shacknews, adding that the ongoing support will also include new functionality, such as the promised addition of team-based matchmaking to the first Left 4 Dead.

"We plan to keep supporting Left 4 Dead 1," Valve marketing VP Doug Lombardi recently told CVG. "I think folks took our [E3] announcement [of Left 4 Dead 2] as a sign that we were dropping Left 4 Dead 1 and that's just not the case."<!--more-->

Lombardi noted that "there will be some announcements coming before summer's out about what's coming there," explaining that the internet's vocal opposition to Left 4 Dead 2 and the subsequent boycott "really didn't change our plans at all."

Despite that backlash and 37,335-member strong boycott against Left 4 Dead 2, Lombardi informed Eurogamer that "pre-orders are currently double what they were for Left 4 Dead 1 at this point in time away from launch."

"Once everything's been out for a while and everyone's had time to see the complete product of Left 4 Dead 2 and see continued support for Left 4 Dead 1, they may sort of see what we were up to and what the method of our madness was there," he told CVG.

You can read more about this news by visiting here.

Re: Left 4 Dead 1 DLC Announcement Coming Shortly

L4d2 should have just been DLC. I can't believe i spent 50 dollars on L4D, just to have it become obsolete a couple months later. Wheres Episode 3. WHERE THE GAME EVERYONE WANTS?(ohno)

Comment

DLC as in waiting 5 months for stuff that should've been in the game from the start?

Comment

Didn't Valve say that L4D preorders exceeded those of the Orange Box? I find it hard to believe that L4D2 preorders have already doubled L4D.

Comment

Working...
        X