Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern Warfare 2 to Get Online Subscriptions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Modern Warfare 2 to Get Online Subscriptions?

We can all take a breather now.

According to an Activision survey, a paid Call of Duty service would "enhance the multiplayer experience and provide exclusive access to a group of gameplay enhancements".

Those enhancements include things like early access to betas and expansions, exclusive character skins, exclusive game modes, better stat tracking as well as competitive play support.

Does that mean we'll have to pay a fee for Modern Warefare 2? The game's developer, Infinity Ward, states, "This rumor has absolutely nothing to do with Infinity Ward or our games, including Modern Warfare 2. We would never introduce such a system for Modern Warfare 2 so don't worry."

Comment

fourzerotwo http://zz.gd/87a425 - Rumor Smash! In case you missed it and were still wondering, the MMO-style fee rumor has been put to rest.

Infinity Ward mocks Call of Duty subscription rumours
      Submitted by Stephen Ebert on June 18, 2009 – 12:30 pm4 Comments

Infinity Ward mocks Call of Duty subscription rumoursEarlier rumours suggested that Call of Duty fans would have to cough up the cash for extra online services. Infinity Ward has slammed it saying multiplayer will always be free.

The recently discovered survey suggested that gamers would be required to subscribe for a service offering new features, modes and early access to Map Packs.

Thankfully there will be no such thing after Call of Duty developer infinity Ward posted a message on its forum denying it has anything to do with them.

“This rumor has absolutely nothing to do with Infinity Ward or our games, including Modern Warfare 2. We would never introduce such a system for Modern Warfare 2 so don’t worry.

“Multiplayer will always be equal and free for everyone as always.”

Comment

Yea, they're not ghey! :yay:

Comment

Except for the 360 timed exclusive DLC...

Comment

I also refuse to pay a monthly fee to play. They just lost my support. Lets hope this doesn't become a trend among developers. I know it costs more and more money these days to make a game but still. Novalogic has done this sort of thing with their release of DFX2. Only gold members, which of course it costs you money to become a gold member, have access to certain features that non gold memebers dont.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
              I also refuse to pay a monthly fee to play. They just lost my support.
              It's fake, read the other posts above.

Comment

I bet you if they do this, The COD/MW series will not work out great.

Comment

I will not pay subscription.

Not even a funny joke whoever started it.

Comment

Working...
                  X