More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Previews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Previews

Along with the GameSpot hands-on preview that was posted yesterday, a number of other sites have now begun to release their impressions of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Here are a few snippets from previews around the web:
    IGN
    When you jump into a match, you'll get to choose your kit -- assault, engineer, recon, or medical -- and then pimp out your weapon selections as you see fit. In my handful of matches and respawns, I saw the AU6/M9, 40mm grenade launcher, sniper rifle and so much more. Of course, all that firepower is going to play into one of the main selling points of the Bad Company franchise -- blowing crap up. Read more...

Joystiq
    It took 45 minutes to peel myself out of the chair, ears ringing, and come back into the space where EA was hosting a recent preview event in Los Angeles. I'd finally pried myself away from an intense Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer session where I'd joined three other attendees and eight remote EA staffers in a characteristically chaotic, 12-on-12 battle. It was the most fun I'd had playing an online, multiplayer FPS in a long while. Read more...

Team Xbox
    What’s the verdict? Sorry—we don’t make those before a game is final. But what’s our overall impression? Awesome. B:BC2 revives the same basic gameplay concept of the original, but with a couple of really interesting twists that make the game a lot more interesting, both to fans of Battlefield’s signature type of gameplay, as well as to those who just like a good time online. Read more...

Be sure to read all the new previews being released to get all the info on BFBC2. We'll be sure to update this list with any more previews that are published.

Re: More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Previews

While the final release date is yet to be announced, we have to believe that if Battlefield: Bad Company 2 comes out this year, it will finally get its due and its moment in the sun. The Battlefield series and the talented developers at EA DICE more than deserve it.
    :thumbsup:

Comment

Seems a little early to be doing previews

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies
        Seems a little early to be doing previews
        The fact that they already have a playable MP version ready for previews by e-magazine sites is a good sign, IMO. Speaks well to their planning and the progress of the game's development. It's also smart to keep this in players' minds with MW2 media releases starting to ramp up.

Comment

No pc info. :|:

Comment

its kinda sad to read all these console previews going around, the BF pc world seems like a big dark empty place right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BIFF EXPLODER
              its kinda sad to read all these console previews going around, the BF pc world seems like a big dark empty place right now.
              Unless you like heros :dead: It's really nothing that shouldn't of been expected, pimp the console title hard for the next 6 months because that's where the money is right now, and then whenever you get around to it you can just put out some generic PC information to keep things in shape. It really is sad to see where things have fallen to.

Two things i found listed in another preview pretty much sums it up.

# No mod support since there are no tools for the Frostbite engine
              # Details on PC version will be released later

Comment

Originally posted by garandx
                Unless you like heros :dead: It's really nothing that shouldn't of been expected, pimp the console title hard for the next 6 months because that's where the money is right now, and then whenever you get around to it you can just put out some generic PC information to keep things in shape. It really is sad to see where things have fallen to.

Two things i found listed in another preview pretty much sums it up.

# No mod support since there are no tools for the Frostbite engine
                # Details on PC version will be released later
                Well PBF says they will be released at the same time, so we will have to see.
                And the modding tools may change. You never know, considering the amount of staff members that came from modding it would be surprising to me if there was no type of modding at all.

Comment

No user controllable jets

Comment

Dice must have an embargo on pc information. Every article that i have read has no mention of anything about the pc. Now of course this is most likely due to the fact that consoles are the main target of these guys, thats where the money is and they would be stupid to not do so. But there is this thing nagging me that says theres more to this than just that, I believe that either One: Blatant porting or Two: There are some large differences between the console and PC versions of this game, such as larger player count, bigger maps etc etc. Right now I am leaning twords number two and I am interested to see if we will hear anything out of E3, IF we were to not hear anything I would start to become concerned, Now I realize there's still a lot of time between now and Q1 of next year but the further and further we go without any concrete info the further many peoples interest will drift from this title. Just my .02

Comment

theres probably no PC version right now. it will probably be made after console ones are done.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopardi
                        No user controllable jets

good good

hate jets,just choppers/tanks/jeeps/trucks very cool

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                          theres probably no PC version right now. it will probably be made after console ones are done.
                          They said simultaneous release for consoles and PC.

Comment

those lucky guys get all the luck XD

Comment

Originally posted by ebevan_91
                              They said simultaneous release for consoles and PC.
                              They're probably going to make a basic, very playable console version, port it to PC, and while the porting is in progress they make some finishing touches that can be added to both version of the games. (or three versions, considering the PS3 version is very different code wise from the X360)

Comment

Working...
                              X