Battlefield 2 Patch 1.50 Beta Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 2 Patch 1.50 Beta Released

Seems like an easy fix, but they should really add deviation when you prone like in 2142. And add crouching past claymores.

Comment

Originally posted by MR DICE
      We have a result, they have fixed dolphin diving, yip ye.

I have just played about 7 games and did not even notice, then somebody on the other side says '' am not liking this not been able to dolphin dive '' , and then the guy on my team in front of me tryed to dolphine dive to test it out and it never worked, it looked really funny though, so then i tryed it and it did not work = RESULT, I'm happy.
      Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
      How did they fix dolphin diving?
      Originally posted by Sir. Elxx
      The delay from jump to prone was upped from 0.3 seconds to 0.7 seconds. You basically end up hitting the ground before it lets you prone.
      Finally. That is very welcome news.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dangerdog;2437514]Maybe you could post screenshots, for me hud is still squashed and it's still vert-QUOTE]

My hud map is a little squished but that's about it. Characters are taller to me cause they aren't squished. Squad number next to name and scopes are round.

These are 1680x1050.

Comment

finally, hopefully this doesn't end up like Heroes :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by TheGuyWhoShotU
            They mentioned tweaking hitboxes and maybe even the netcode. Can anyone confirm if that shooting at people seems to be more accurate then shooting behind them where the hit box usually lags behind?
            Anybody?

Comment

anyone running this on vista64?

my game crashes to desktop as soon as i start it, just a quick black screen and ctd.

Comment

cd check is gone!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGuyWhoShotU
                  Anybody?
                  It's to be certain at this point. I felt like killing enemies was easier than usual, but I've only tested the AK-47 and the DAO-12.

Comment

Biff, run the game with "+fullscreen 0" that will pop an error window when it crashes.

Comment

I've got a few bugs in the menu area, many times I can't join a server. It sometimes takes several tries to join. In the BFHQ Kit area I don't see any player models, just and empty box. The Favorites servers still has the bug if you Refresh the servers disappear. In-game everything is pretty smooth.

Comment

If they really took out dolphin diving I think my run with BF2 might finally be over. Movement is about all that matters in BF2 infantry since the netcode is pretty ****ty. Are ranked servers required to update?

Comment

I think Dice needs to take notes from Valve on how to publicize timelines and the content of their patches. Valve only gave one predetermined date for their patch which contains alot more than this patch and released it exactly when they said they would. Not to mention they released the full patch, not some beta bs.

Comment

Originally posted by [1CD]USAF|WO.Fr33t
                            If they really took out dolphin diving I think my run with BF2 might finally be over. Movement is about all that matters in BF2 infantry since the netcode is pretty ****ty. Are ranked servers required to update?
                            "****ty netcode" is the oldest excuse in the book for bunny hoppers. Glad to see this patch affects them. Good riddance

That being said, there's a poll going on right now in the EAUK BF2 forum. Bazajaytee has said that they'll keep/reverse the prone delay change depending on the results of this poll. Go and join the discussion, DICE is listening.

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
                            I think Dice needs to take notes from Valve on how to publicize timelines and the content of their patches. Valve only gave one predetermined date for their patch which contains alot more than this patch and released it exactly when they said they would. Not to mention they released the full patch, not some beta bs.
                            Uh, didn't Valve just release an awful unfinished TF2 update with no explanation that was almost universally panned by the TF2 community? Curse you DICE for giving us the opportunity to try out the patch and give input before it becomes official! This is unacceptable!

Comment

@[1CD]USAF|WO.Fr33t

are you serious? you need dolphin diving to shoot somebody or you won't play bf2?

Come on bro, surely you have enough skill that you don't need to jump around like a fat whale to kill people in the game,
                              or to simply enjoy bf2.

Comment

Is 1.5 incremental from 1.41 or a full patch from 1.0?

Comment

Working...
                                X