NoobTube Interviews Gordon Van Dyke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NoobTube Interviews Gordon Van Dyke

thats pretty awesome im excited for BF1943 as well as Heros and Bad Company 2, I do however home BF3 is not a rumor.

Comment

Finally an interview that's not hosted by a clueless console gamer. Every Battlefield 2 fan who's pissed about BF1943 should see this

Comment

So, being able to fly a plane, take off with about 30 feet of runway, bail out of it, hit your chute about 3 feet from the ground and surviving, jumping into a tank shooting shells out of it every 5 seconds, then mounting the turret instantly taking a few dozen bullets in the chest through out this, regenerating your health like some alien and never running out of bullets, having 250 pound bombs fall 10 feet from you and surviving........*takes breath*.........having countless grenades go off in a tiny room and still being able to hear or have a face, living and dieing as much as you like, swimming out to a massive aircraft carrier climbing up a rope ladder , knifing a friendly with no consequence only to steal his plane which you can miraculously pilot, let alone you can use any piece of military equipment from either side, be it gun or machine, oh , oh , oh and have endless stamina?..................and all of this is "as real as it gets"..........well, sign me up for the military!!!!! I just couldn't resist!

cant wait!

P.S PR has nothing on this!

Comment

Originally posted by The Defeatest View Post
          So, being able to fly a plane, take off with about 30 feet of runway, bail out of it, hit your chute about 3 feet from the ground and surviving, jumping into a tank shooting shells out of it every 5 seconds, then mounting the turret instantly taking a few dozen bullets in the chest through out this, regenerating your health like some alien and never running out of bullets, having 250 pound bombs fall 10 feet from you and surviving........*takes breath*.........having countless grenades go off in a tiny room and still being able to hear or have a face, living and dieing as much as you like, swimming out to a massive aircraft carrier climbing up a rope ladder , knifing a friendly with no consequence only to steal his plane which you can miraculously pilot, let alone you can use any piece of military equipment from either side, be it gun or machine, oh , oh , oh and have endless stamina?..................and all of this is "as real as it gets"..........well, sign me up for the military!!!!! I just couldn't resist!

cant wait!

P.S PR has nothing on this!
          my brain had to take a breath to keep reading that...

you have a point, i think he was just trying to make the product look good for those that dont know the game or BF in general, but i also laughed when he said it was realistic hahahahah

Comment

Yea, I seen this interview yesterday. I am really excited about the last part even though I am excited about 1943, and BD2. I am obviously more excited about our so called hardcore BF.

Comment

Well I must say that last little tidbit has me cautiously optimistic. Mind you, it's still smoke and mirrors until we have something tangible; at least a 'Yes, we are planning a BF3 for the PC, and that's all we can say right now.' would suffice, but so far it's just a rumour. I'm going to assume that he wasn't referring to BC2 with that last bit, so I'll keep my fingers crossed and my skepticism at the ready.

Comment

So it took 5:42 to confirm that BF3 is a rumor? btw 1943 looks Heroes first person.

Comment

Notice how Gordon smirked when the interviewer told the viewers that BF3 was a rumor...>_>

Well, good to know they've got something coming up.

And FYI, I loved BF2142. xD

Comment

It obvious that if they say smth about BF3, there will be huge storm of questions . Agess nothing is decided yet.

Comment

Fully... -blow a perfect square out of the wall- destructible environments... Yeah right.

Comment

hahahaha did he say this summer ?? hmmmmm i swear i heard something like that before

Comment

I would assume the smirk he gave is because he has heard that question like a billion times. Also, he knew the question was coming. They know that it's on everyones mind. My guy instinct tells me that all "its just a rumor" means is that what they are working on is not called BF3. It's called something else, so they don't want "BF3" associated with it. That's why they keep saying BF3 doesn't exist. Personally , I hope its something like BF wars, where it crosses many different wars in 20th century.

Comment

if he really says that they havent forgottan the hardcore bf fans, then the next title should be named battlefield 3 its obvious, every true bf fan wants to hear this title annaunce by dice in the near future, but lets hope bc2 is somethin close to those rumors, but i even doubt there will be a server browser in bc2 :hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by Levente View Post
                              if he really says that they havent forgottan the hardcore bf fans, then the next title should be named battlefield 3 its obvious, every true bf fan wants to hear this title annaunce by dice in the near future, but lets hope bc2 is somethin close to those rumors, but i even doubt there will be a server browser in bc2 :hmm:
                              I'd be very happy with a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 that had:
                              • A "Classic Mode" for the PC version that had at least 2-3 maps with the destructable scenery at least partially disabled in order to free the bandwidth to host 64+ players.
                              • Could be registered with Steam ( if not purchased there ) and use the Steam Server Browser to allow classic PC internet play.
                              • A ranking system that simply reflected how long you have been playing the game and that had no issues with custom maps.
                              • A full set of tools allowing for the Frostbite engine to be the new platform for the PC mod scene and allow for the destructibility feature to be tweaked or disabled to taste.

Comment

Best Interview so far at least he pushed the questions people want to know about to some degree. Top notch work Interviews are supposed to probe for answers and not just agree with all the hype being spouted.

None of this so you can bail from aircraft and have chutes? Wow that is soo cool and a technical advancement that matches that of the invention of electricity! LOL the usual interviews we get from console centric guys.

The phrase "Dice is a large studio and we have not forgotten the hardcore PC fans" is good to here as it seems the last person who said that is no longer at dice- obviously not for saying that but it is still good to hear from current employees.

Comment

Working...
                                X