Battlegroup: Frontlines development ended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlegroup: Frontlines development ended

The team behind Battlegroup-Frontlines has released a statement today declaring the end of development for their mod. Here is what they had to say:
    Dear BattleGroup-Frontlines fans,

We are sorry to bring you these evil tidings today, but we have ended development on our Battlefield 2 modification for several reasons. We thank everybody for their support in the last three years. This especially goes out to our former members, cooperating mod teams and of course to you, the fans. Without all your help, BGF would have never made it to its first release.

All the work we have done is fortunately not lost – our parent mod, Battlegroup 42 (for Battlefield 1942), already includes a lot of our content and will also feature many things you have seen here on the news page which didn’t make it into the last BGF build.

Sincerely,
    Your BattleGroup-Frontlines Team

Be sure to leave your feedback in this thread and on their website.

Re: Battlegroup: Frontlines development ended

Thanks for all you have given us. :salute:

:sad:

Comment

Glad to see both versions coming this far, hoping to see it in another game somewhere.

Comment

Noriega you have found some way to make communism look real good. i just dont know how you did it....

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)Patton
          Noriega you have found some way to make communism look real good. i just dont know how you did it....
          Probably something to do with scantily clad women!

Comment

I have a feeling, that more mods will end up like this soon.

Comment

Sad to hear that, hope see very soon in a new game.

Comment

I always felt there were too many World War 2 mods for BF2, whereas other areas you only see 1 (a rarity two - DCON and USI, POE and OPK) with similar goals or a similar backstory. They (in my opinion) would be better off if they all molded together and collaborated as a team. That way they could get a lot more work done a lot faster and still have higher quality work then everybody else in the business due to the labor force available (if you multiplied the PR dev team by 3 and they had the same standard of work and innovation, their popularity would skyrocket [most mod teams, including them, have projects that aren't absolutely necessary or too big for their current workforce, so if they have a lot more people the players could see more features] due to the fact that bigger things players might want would be more likely to be put in.)

Though I must say, this could be a rebirth if you guys joined another mod team and donated your files to them. Not everything about death is bad.

Comment

This was probably the first BF2 mod I got my eyes on, and it was before BF2 had been released. Definantely the best tank physics of all mods. Not to speak of the T34 noise...

Thank you for what you did.

:salute:

Comment

Thanks guys for everything you have done. You have made mine and others play experience for so many years worth every moment. Here's hoping you all reincarnate somewhere else. Such talent should not go to waste.

cheers!
                    Defeatest

Comment

Indeed a sad day. Thank you guys for all the stuff you have done over the years.

Comment

You may wish to let the people over at BSS know, aint seen any posts about this over there?

Thanks for all you guys had done and best of luck in the future

Comment

Working...
                        X