Sandbox v1.0 Open Beta Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandbox v1.0 Open Beta Released

Version 1.0 of the Sandbox mod by The Sir. Community is currently in an open BETA stage, which you can participate in. Take a look:
    Hey its finally here and not a moment too soon. We know you have been waiting for this small bundle of joy for a while, so we are giving you our public exclusive access to one of our creations. With a lot of help from Sir. Sharkey, the 1.0 Open Beta launch is a go, so get ready to punish the Sir. Community Servers with a whole new arsenal of tools.

The server is currently passworded, so you will need to contact the community members in Teamspeak, if you wish to test the new version out. You can find the Teamspeak details by visiting their website.

You can view the official Sandbox Mod website by clicking here, or the Sir. website here.

Re: Sandbox v1.0 Open Beta Released

Also, you MUST be in teamspeak in order to be in the beta, because the password is always changing at noon.

You can get there ts info on the Sir. Community Home Page, and here are instructions for installing and setting up Teamspeak.

More info Here

Comment

Yes, thank you Adam. I'm not going to participate in the BETA however i'll be sure to play the full version. Good work, Sir.

Comment

Hmm, a beta that is only playable on the Sir. Community server when you go to their teamspeak and receive approval (password) to play it!

So much for an 'open' beta.

Good to see it's alive though..
        I'll wait for the real version of Sandbox. (AKA "SNADBOKS :3" as they say)

Comment

so is it possible to play it on a local server by yourself or not...because if you cant there is not point in me downloading it =[

Comment

No, you have to play on there server. You have two options, really.

1. Participate in the Open BETA and give your feedback/bug reports to Sir. to make it a better mod.

2. Wait for the full version.

Comment

Originally posted by GMEM View Post
              Hmm, a beta that is only playable on the Sir. Community server when you go to their teamspeak and receive approval (password) to play it!

So much for an 'open' beta.

Good to see it's alive though..
              I'll wait for the real version of Sandbox. (AKA "SNADBOKS :3" as they say)
              Yes, its there mod and they are working on it for the final release.
              It also makes it so people can't "steal" info or code before its release, (There's a lot more of server side code/features)

Originally posted by Drifterboy View Post
              so is it possible to play it on a local server by yourself or not...because if you cant there is not point in me downloading it =[
              Yes, but you need to code your own sandboxcore.py, its in python, or use the 0.5 version and update it w/ the new objects/vehicals/effects.

Also this image was released on Elxx.net (Click for a larger image)

Comment

Whats new?

Comment

[sarcasm]Not Much[/sarcasm]

120+ New objects
                  Full Rotation of Groups
                  New Menu's
                  Better networks

View the 1.0 Beta Creations and the 1.0 Loading Screens

Comment

A lot of the apps for the loading screen are so good!!

Comment

yep, i think its over 120+.

Comment

also i heard from a little birdie that they have added the map 'Clearing' to the beta, which should be good fun

Comment

Working...
                        X