SimCity Societies Demo Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimCity Societies Demo Released

EA Games has released a demo for their recent return to the SimCity series, SimCity Societies. Here's a little bit about the game:
    Featuring an all-new, revolutionary feature set, SimCity Societies allows you to create your own kinds of cities and shape their cultures and environments. Make your cities green or polluted, contemporary or futuristic, rural or urban. Create an artistic society or a police state, an industrial city or a spiritual community—or any society you want!

If you'd like to learn more about this game or check out some more screenshots, visit here.

Re: SimCity Societies Demo Released

Downloading

Comment

I bought this game when it was first out and to be honest it's no where near as good as sim city 4.

Comment

I bought this game at the same time I bought Penumbra: Black Plague. Thought it'd be a good game to calm down myself with after a few hours of insanely scary horror. Turns out it was! I really like the game and recommend it to anyone who likes management etc.

Comment

Awesome, I`ve always wanted to play Stalin.

Comment

Imma try this later on, but isn't the demo a little late?

Comment

I didn't like this game. It gets to a point where you are just spamming residential and work buildings and employing a ton of secret police... While that is fun, it gets old.

Comment

I like the idea of the authoritarian city . I get to be Big Brother, and all those who disobey WILL DIE. Haha, I love sim city type games, because I get to take out my anger on innocent computerized citizens.

Comment

Once I see the game on sale for $9.99 - I'll probably buy it.

Comment

Well, I found this game for $19.99 on EA's Download Manager online distributor.

I'd have to say the Download Manager is no where nearly as refined or as fast as Steam.

As for the game itself, I am enjoying myself. It doesn't feel like a traditional sim-city, rather, it feels more like the Caesar series done by Sierra Entertainment back in the early 90's.

It's fun. It requires a hefty amount of patience to truly succeed - as over-expanding and constantly using the fast forward buttons can lead to a wide assortment of what I found to be bugs.
                    • Fast-forwarding causes a discrepancy where your sims actually have less time in the day, meaning they will not use the venues, or won't get as much rest as they should. This makes seriously unhappy sims, that should be happy.
                    • Over-expanding often leaves you with a severe credit crunch, and you may find yourself restarting when you realize your daily incoming is half your expenses. The bug-part (or poorly designed part) comes in that events such as Feast where your sims won't work for a whole day love to come into effect when you're hovering around the $0 mark. It completely kills your chances to rebound the economy. Once that starts, rogue-sims will keep doing the job until your police can arrest them all, or until you give up and restart. Talk about frustrating.

I personally only play the difficulty modes or Basic Mode so I can earn the trophies. It keeps the game fresh, and it forces you to try out different city creation genres. I have to admit, this is the part I'm enjoying the most. I'm glad to see EA took a page out of the book known as the encyclopedia of steampowered.com genius. They're achievements in a single-player game, just like the ones you can earn in Portal, and they come with rewards too! One reward nets you a free $150 every 8am, and +5 to spirituality.

Personally, as a previous fan of Sim City 4, I enjoyed this game. I suppose it's because I don't mind leaving the game-speed on Normal, and slowly but surely building up my city in a carefully pre-planned manner. I'm meticulous like that.

If you happen to be meticulous too - you too may be able to look past all of the negative criticism that has been revolving around this game. For $19.99 I'd say it was worth the purchase. I'd give it a go. If not, then wait another couple months for the expansion pack to come out, so you can bargain-bin buy the both of them for the price of a normal game.

Comment

Its a tiiiny bit cartoonish. But otherwise I really like my totalitarian workers paradise city.

Comment

Originally posted by Idaeus
                        Its a tiiiny bit cartoonish. But otherwise I really like my totalitarian workers paradise city.
                        I'm working my way up to that, trophy by trophy.

Comment

Working...
                        X