Doom 4 in Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom 4 in Development

According to a new post over on GameSpy, id Software has begun looking for new team members for a project. That project was then formally announced as Doom 4. Take a look:
    In the course of sending out a press release stating its active recruitment for the project, id Software has formally announced the development of Doom 4. No details on the game were forthcoming, but id is evidently seeking the industry's best and brightest to craft the presumably high-budget, high-tech shooter.

"DOOM is part of the id Software DNA and demands the greatest talent and brightest minds in the industry to bring the next installment of our flagship franchise to Earth," said id CEO Todd Hollenshead in the press release. "It's critical for id Software to have the best creative minds in-house to develop games that meet the standards synonymous with our titles."

Perusing the "jobs" section of www.idsoftware.com reveals numerous open positions in various disciplines, including vacancies for a lead designer, an art director, and a lead animator.

Stay tuned for more news on this newly announced entry into the Doom series.

Re: Doom 4 in Development

Doom 3 is favourite game of all time. I needs new underwear, and lots of them.

This just made my day, week, month and or year. :rock:

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma

Doom 3 is favourite game of all time. I needs new underwear, and lots of them.

This just made my day, week, month and or year. :rock:
      Glad I could bring you joy on this day.

:yay:

Comment

I couldn't play doom 3 again after the child crying scene. That caught me off guard so badly it just disturbed me... lol

Comment

lol willis

Comment

Originally posted by [21CW]IC|DWillis
            I couldn't play doom 3 again after the child crying scene. That caught me off guard so badly it just disturbed me... lol
            :laugh: Thats exactly what happened tomeplaying Condemned!

Great news Spawn!! :thumbsup::yay:

Comment

Am i the only person who thought Doom 3 was ****? it was just dark corridor after dark corridor.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                Am i the only person who thought Doom 3 was ****? it was just dark corridor after dark corridor.
                Doom 3 was the only game to ever effectively scare me. :cry:

Even Deus Ex, and Bioshock failed to do what Doom 3 did.

Comment

ah the memories:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SzMGFRgUnk[/media]
                  "Crunch's First Officer"
                  twitter: @signaprime

Comment

OMG. That's exactly how I played that daym game. lmao

Comment

Originally posted by signa View Post
                      ah the memories:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SzMGFRgUnk[/media]
                      Thats hilarious!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka View Post
                        Doom 3 was the only game to ever effectively scare me. :cry:

Even Deus Ex, and Bioshock failed to do what Doom 3 did.
                        For me scary games are the best. There's something worryingly satisfying about being so dogmatically immersed in a story line and game that things inside will scare you. I personally found it hard for the first good few hours to play more than an hour non-stop on my own in the house at night. Very difficult indeed.

I find that really amazing how a game can bend someone's perceptions to feel genuinely petrified. That's why I love Doom 3.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma View Post
                          For me scary games are the best. There's something worryingly satisfying about being so dogmatically immersed in a story line and game that things inside will scare you. I personally found it hard for the first good few hours to play more than an hour non-stop on my own in the house at night. Very difficult indeed.

I find that really amazing how a game can bend someone's perceptions to feel genuinely petrified. That's why I love Doom 3.
                          Indeed. That's also why I think horror games are superior to horror movies. Movies my ***, but Doom 3 was a killer. I also had to constantly stop playing and do stuff with my girlfriend.

Comment

One thing I learned was don't play doom3 at night with surround sound by yourself.

Can't wait for Doom 4 tho:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by Predators28 View Post
                              One thing I learned was don't play doom3 at night with surround sound by yourself.

Can't wait for Doom 4 tho:yay:
                              lol Yeah! **** in the pants, but mysteriously addicting.

Comment

Working...
                              X