Status Report on PC Map Contest and Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status Report on PC Map Contest and Patch

Infinity Ward's community manager FourZeroTwo has posted a new blog today giving us an update on the PC map contest and patch. Take a look:
    I wanted to keep you guys in the loop on how the Map Contest is rounding out for all the PC mappers waiting to submit their maps. We had hoped to start accepting submissions by now but regretfully (as typically happens) the legal required participants to be US only which was unacceptable for us. So we’ve been working on making it open to worldwide participants which requires quite a bit more legal / contest rule work due to the different laws and regulations in each country.

We could have launched it and made it US only but I know we have a fantastic worldwide community of mappers that would have got severely screwed if it was that way and I won’t let that happen. So that’s what’s holding things up right now. The good news is submissions should be starting THIS WEEK as we’re in the final stages of chasing down our international legal department. Once we have it all confirmed, I hope to have the submission page linked here for you so you can start sending in your custom maps for the contest. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns and I’ll answer what I can.

As for the 1.6 patch which was going through test, we found a critical bug during QA which broke kill cams when playing with mods among other things which put a hold on it and put it back in development. We’re continuing to evaluate it and looking into releasing it when the map pack potentially hits PC. I’ll keep you updated as it progresses, but right now it won’t be coming out anytime soon while we track down this bug.

To check out the original source be sure to visit here.

Re: Status Report on PC Map Contest and Patch

Originally posted by Whiskey
    Kinda frustrating at the wait-time, but there could be plenty of legit reasons for it, such as:
    - QA found issues with the patch that needed to be fixed
    Originally posted by [MyIS]Spawndemon View Post
    Infinity Ward's community manager FourZeroTwo has posted a new blog today giving us an update on the PC map contest and patch. Take a look:

As for the 1.6 patch which was going through test, we found a critical bug during QA which broke kill cams when playing with mods among other things which put a hold on it and put it back in development.
    Sometimes, the actual answer really is the simple one.

Comment

Here's another tidbit that sounds pretty good...

FuLLBLeeD // April 22, 2008 at 1:15 am
      Why is it a “potential” release? I thought the map pack was confirmed for PC.
      Come on IW, us PC gamers are the reason there is a CoD4. Now give us the map pack please.

fourzerotwo // April 22, 2008 at 1:23 am
      @ Fullbleed: It’s only “potential” because we’ve never “officially” announced the map pack for PC and there are no details on when it is coming. So until then, I say “potential”. Although it’s just a matter of logistics now (AND NO, I don’t mean how we can make you pay…. sheesh

Comment

Oh Whiskey, you are so wise. Is it the purple bag that does it?

Its a good thing youre not one to tell us so

I do love your rational posts in the storm we all call the Internet.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
          Sometimes, the actual answer really is the simple one.
          Always knew you were psychic and predicted the future:laugh:

Comment

He is the wisest of all forum posters I know. :salute:

Comment

As for the 1.6 patch which was going through test, we found a critical bug during QA which broke kill cams when playing with mods among other things which put a hold on it and put it back in development. We’re continuing to evaluate it and looking into releasing it when the map pack potentially hits PC. I’ll keep you updated as it progresses, but right now it won’t be coming out anytime soon while we track down this bug.
              I seriously hope that the "critical bug" in killcam isn't the sole reason for putting it back in development. How many servers actually have killcam enabled?

Comment

Kinda' scary seeing the constant use of "potential" by 402.
                Leaves them a nice way to back out...

Comment

here we go again............................

Comment

I just hope they won't be a second EA...

Comment

Good call my humble friend!

I lol @ the naysayers...

Comment

So we’ve been working on making it open to worldwide participants which requires quite a bit more legal / contest rule work due to the different laws and regulations in each country.
                        We all know the greatest mappers come from Nauru anyway.

Comment

Community Mapping Contest - Submission Details

Comment

Working...
                          X