Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FourZeroTwo PC/PS3 Blog Updates

Originally posted by GeneralPatton View Post
    I still don't understand why all of a sudden the whole "You just submit your maps on the forums" thing has changed.
    I think it's likely that the contest turned out to be bigger than they expected, and once things like international laws/copyright/contests/etc were taken into account, some changes had to be made. It probably could've been planned a bit better from the start, but if the response was more than they expected, then that's a good thing.

There are also a lot of lower quality maps that probably shouldn't be submitted to the contest (but are, if you take the forum route), so an official process will help to streamline that.

Lastly, having the IW.com forums as the only submission site might not be wise, as a lot of mappers may not use those forums.

It's a shame so many people "rushed" to meet the Mar 31 deadline, and I think IW could've clarified things a bit before then, but I don't think it's a big deal to have mappers submit again through a more official process. If a mapper really cares about the game, and his/her creation, they'll still be hanging around keeping tabs on things.

Comment

[QUOTE=Spik3d;2011743]Just because you didn't get something for free, while others are paying for it, doesn't mean that IW is digging a grave. That is also not a good enough reason to be pissed off, unless you're a complete and utter spoiled brat (I am not saying that you are).

It s not about getting it for free its about taking so long to bring up some new stuff into the game. What did we get new from iw only some lame a#! winter crash map that must be the worst map EVER a child off 8 years could bring up better work than that. So my point is that it takes to long to bring up some fresh stuff!

Comment

I like the Crash winter map and never turn down free eats! People will always want more more more for free free free. You paid your money for CoD4, not CoD4 + tons of new content forever for free. That's one reason developers probably also favor console gamers b/c they don't expect patches and free content like we do. Besides, there is a world of free custom maps that are very well done that you can play. They're not ranked, who cares. There is no point in ranked servers after you hit 55 anyway.

Comment

^which is why alex changed to consoles and also the african-american race
          :|:

Comment

Today's update: http://iamfourzerotwo.com/2008/04/17...-extravaganza/

I have some great PS3 news for everyone! We have hammered out the details for the upcoming DLC and will be releasing the new Variety Map Pack on PS3 in North America on Thursday, April 24. In addition, We’re also really excited that the Map Pack passed Sony Europe certification and will be propped on the PlayStation Network on May 1.

To celebrate the release of both map packs we will be hosting a Double XP weekend for North America from 12:01 AM PDT on Friday, April 25 to 11:59 PM PDT on Sunday, April 27. North American players will be able to play the new maps against members of the Infinity Ward team on Friday, April 25 from 5 PM to 8 PM PDT.

We’ll also be hosting another special Double XP and Play With Devs event for our worldwide / European users specifically. For our European fans, we will have a Double XP weekend beginning at 12:01 AM GMT on Friday, May 2 and concluding at 11:59 PM GMT on Sunday, May 4. You will also get a chance to play the new maps against the IW team on Friday, May 2 from 7 PM GMT to 10 PM GMT. That way you guys aren’t left out due to conflicting time zones!

Thanks for all your support everyone and I look forward to playing with you guys online. If you have any questions, let me know!

(PC Guys: I hope to have PC contest details for you and submission process to be started by the end of the week. Stay tuned.)

Comment

1 week from today...**** em i gave up on COD4

Comment

They already have your money. There is not going to be any grave digging and there is not going to be any great loss for those who are going to leave because there is not DLC for PC yet.

What makes you guys think an ultimatum is going to do anything? Hey I know, someone start a web petition, those work too!

Grow up guys. It will come when it comes, you all are gamers, and when they release it, you will come back.

I know without a doubt I am going to see people on BF3 that swore never again. Why? Because they want their fix.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

^and then some will be like, o yeh, i said f*ck em :|:

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
                    It s not about getting it for free its about taking so long to bring up some new stuff into the game. What did we get new from iw only some lame a#! winter crash map that must be the worst map EVER a child off 8 years could bring up better work than that. So my point is that it takes to long to bring up some fresh stuff!
                    It's still bad enough that you're expecting new content. You aren't subscribed, you aren't paying monthly fees for new content. It is up to Activision and Infinity Ward on whether or not to release new content. They could even just release a game and give no support for it, no updates, no patches, no maps, nothing. That wouldn't be good for future sales, of course, but they could still do that. I really don't understand why some people think that IW is required to give custom content.

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
                    a child off 8 years could bring up better work than that.
                    Okay, if that's the case then why don't you make something that's up to par with, if not better than, the IW mappers' works?

Comment

There's a lot of good custom maps out there that are just as good, if not better than, IW"s work. Why not play them? Combine them with the AWE4 mod and you have a winning combination.

Comment

^you cant mod consoles :|:
                        :fruitsex:

Comment

Originally posted by seoulspirit View Post
                          ^you cant mod consoles :|:
                          :fruitsex:
                          Another reason why they are inferior.

Comment

Originally posted by GrossKopf
                            Another reason why they are inferior.
                            You can't hack either though
                            -:emo:

Comment

Originally posted by seoulspirit View Post
                              You can't hack either though
                              Wrong. Consoles can be modded with a chip, and they can be set up to use some cheats/hacks.

Comment

consoles can have custom maps. the PS3 version gets custom maps all the time

and... consoles can be soft modded too

Comment

Working...
                                X