Riviera Map Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riviera Map Guide

World in Conflict Heaven have posted up a new map guide this time for Riviera in 8v8 style. Take a look:
    Riviera – flowing vineyards, quaint seaside, a perfect vacation spot. That is, until World in Conflict turned it into one of the deadliest hot spots for domination brawls. This map is fairly flexible in terms of moves and countermoves by well-coordinated teams, which is why I thought it a good idea to share an excellent strategy to make sure your team always comes out on top!

For now, this guide will feature playing Riviera as if you were on the NATO team. It is the team I’ve played the most and therefore the most experienced at. This guide will be set up in a play-by-play style, and I will assume that everyone on your team is communicating and working as a team like they should be (see notes on communicating towards the bottom). The premise of this battle plan is to have a good idea of what you want to do and how to do but to always remember to be fast, flexible, and fair – the three rules of World in Conflict.
    Starting Out

When starting out on Riviera, you will be able to spawn in the area pictured below. The area outlined in red is the NATO spawn zone. For the remainder of this guide, yellow will be the color of NATO infantry, green will be the color for armor units, cyan will be the color for air units, and support units will be a regular blue color. If the units need specification, I will state such. Note that infantry units will be represented as a whole, not as individual soldiers.

Picking your role: armor and air will – as usual – probably be featured the most in this map. Infantry have a tendency to get chewed up and gain very little. It’s a fast paced map, there won’t be any situations where your infantry get holed up in a building and hold off fifty tanks. They will die in open ground. There are trees around, but not anywhere close to strategic positions, as you would like. So, your team should hopefully have three armor, two air, two support, and only one infantry player. That would be ideal for this guide.

Be sure to view the guide in full here.

WOw nice

Comment

Working...
    X