Marauders v0.1 Demo Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marauders v0.1 Demo Released

Many thanks for the feedback guys but we need staff.

Mappers and skinners mainly but any mod talent is welcome.

Comment

I cant play since im sitting in a hotel in Sweden....lol(bombing Dice)

Comment

Nice job guys I can't wait to check it out. I am downloading the files now and it looks pretty cool, I will let you know what I think.<O</O
        <O</O

I have posted information about the mod on our forums and I am hosting the files for download on our site.<O</O
        <O</O

Comment

Sadly as with most mods in bf2 there's a lack of interest. There's little point in spending so much time on a mod that is dead in the water even before it has a chance. Not that EA or dice care that much. Roll on Enemy territory and Crysis. I doubt I'll be the only modder leaving bf behind.

Comment

Great mod,

My clan will give this a bash one night, I played some single player and it was fun and looked nice.

CK

Comment

Originally posted by devils_advocate View Post
              Sadly as with most mods in bf2 there's a lack of interest. There's little point in spending so much time on a mod that is dead in the water even before it has a chance. Not that EA or dice care that much. Roll on Enemy territory and Crysis. I doubt I'll be the only modder leaving bf behind.
              That's a damn shame, players won't pull their heads out of their asses long enough to go and check out these mods because they honestly don’t know what they are missing out on. I guess with the mentality of today’s gamers being what it is that they need some kind of stats and ranking system to inflate their egos or they are not interested. It’s either that or they have grown tired of bitching and complaining so they need to go out and spend another 50 bucks to have something new to complain about. I am not sure why gamers can’t just play for the fun of it, are the lives of players today so pathetic that they need a rank or a stat to enjoy playing.<O</O
              <O</O

I am sorry but you folks need to snap out of this bull that game developers like EA have brainwashed you with and start supporting the hard works these mod teams have done to offer us a new unique fun way to enjoy this game. I have personally played most of the mods myself and I am telling you pull your heads out of your asses and go download them and check them out as I am pretty sure you will find a mod that will spark your interest. <O</O
              <O</O

The other problem with the mods seems to be that either we don’t have enough or we have too many servers trying to host the same mod and ironically either way we end up with the same result but for different reasons if that makes any sense.<O</O
              <O</O

I promote all the mods on our forums by posting information, updates, and screen shots and by hosting the files for download from our site. I also have 3 of our game servers that are dedicated specifically to hosting and promoting the mods to the community and while I wish I was able to host servers for all the mods I am not sure that it would make much difference since hosting servers seems to be an ego thing with most clans or communities so getting any kind of cooperative effort from other groups to work with me to support the mods is a pipe dream since most of them are caught up in this childish mentality and while that’s very sad in it self. It is also a major factor in why player support for the most part dies out very rapidly after its initial release.<O</O
              <O</O

I am not sure if there are still or if there ever were any US based servers hosting this mod, however if there is still any interest in playing this mod I would be happy to preview it on one of our servers for a while to see if we can develop any player interest and support for it.<O</O
              <O</O

I have said it before and I will say it again people wake up and give these mods a chance, after playing most of them, I would have rather paid 50 bucks for the mods over vanilla BF2 any day. <O</O
              <O</O
              <O</O

Comment

Working...
              X