Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 1.4 Patch Changelog Released

Originally posted by *{82nd)*Commando
    LOL I can see your not to smart, and opening your mouth just proves that. You misunderstood almost everything I said.

You obviously don't run a server or you wouldn't have opened you pie hole!

FYI Mr. Smart-@$$ - it only takes 3 on 3 to start a 16 player server. Yes I would have liked to see this 2 on 2....not to stat pad like you so bravely say without even knowing me, but to get the game started. You see, if you had your own server you would know that people join rather quickly AFTER the game is running!! My server is just fine, just woulda been nice to see some fairness here. Or did you not see that FAIR part? Lower a 32, and 64 and piss on the 16....so they can get an extra buck!

The J-10 crap I don't even need to explain. Obviously you don't fly much either. So please, until you can grasp things, don't show your stupidy by opening your trap!
    I understood your BS post entirely. Yes, I ran a BFV server and I guess you're right about flying. I only have my veteran aviator badge and 3,000 kills in a plane. Admitting that you ban people for using a specific vehicle shows that you're a no-talent gamer who gets off on the power trip that you get from running a server. Even a lame mini-server like yours... Saying that EA screwed you by not allowing a game to start with less players is ridiculous. Like I said before, you'd get more people in your server if it weren't for your sh1tty approach to being an admin. It might help if it could handle a decent number of players as well.

On another note...I've been on TotalBF2 almost since the beginning. I'm not sure what screwed up my post count but I've posted well over 2,000 times. Lots of debates and discussions, tips and tricks... I submitted the slogan that the site uses as well. But looking at this thread, I can't help but think that the community on here has turned to sh1t. Nothing but complaints about the game that you've all logged hundreds of hours on. Nothing constructive or positive at all. Just insults aimed at EA and Dice. I'm no fan boy. I've written my fair share of critical e-mails to EA. But those were sent directly to EA. Bashing them in a forum that's supposed to be for fans of the game doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Maybe the temper tantrum kids will get bored and leave the forums...One can only hope...

Comment

Originally posted by ||Animal||
      I understood your BS post entirely. Yes, I ran a BFV server and I guess you're right about flying. I only have my veteran aviator badge and 3,000 kills in a plane. Admitting that you ban people for using a specific vehicle shows that you're a no-talent gamer who gets off on the power trip that you get from running a server. Even a lame mini-server like yours... Saying that EA screwed you by not allowing a game to start with less players is ridiculous. Like I said before, you'd get more people in your server if it weren't for your sh1tty approach to being an admin. It might help if it could handle a decent number of players as well.

On another note...I've been on TotalBF2 almost since the beginning. I'm not sure what screwed up my post count but I've posted well over 2,000 times. Lots of debates and discussions, tips and tricks... I submitted the slogan that the site uses as well. But looking at this thread, I can't help but think that the community on here has turned to sh1t. Nothing but complaints about the game that you've all logged hundreds of hours on. Nothing constructive or positive at all. Just insults aimed at EA and Dice. I'm no fan boy. I've written my fair share of critical e-mails to EA. But those were sent directly to EA. Bashing them in a forum that's supposed to be for fans of the game doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Maybe the temper tantrum kids will get bored and leave the forums...One can only hope...

Dont hold your breath on that one, Pizza Hut here in australia has been selling the game for $15.. they had a meal deal where you got the game and pizza n stuff for $34.95. So dont hold ya breath, there are pleanty of newbies afoot with complaints and many a old veteran players still *****. I have been on here since the begining and frankly one thing i notice, no matter what you complain about nothing will be done... infact the more you complain the more apparant a bug becomes lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dekibomb
        ok so where do you download it
        if you took the time to read it, it says its delayed you slow red neck

Comment

· Introduced a delay from proning to standing to help reduce exploiting

Isnt this kinda backwards? I mean, the complaint from the masses is that when you go prone your accuracy is increased. So with this fix you can still dive and roll around like a guy on fire. You just have to wait to stand up?? Seems to me like that isnt really hindering the "exploitation". Just giving the "exploiter" a breather before moving on to the next guy.

I dont really have much problem with the divers since I have learned where the hitboxes "are" and not where they "should be". Still though, its pretty lame to see guys doing it all time and I doubt any newcomers (notice I didnt say "noob") or casual players have.can deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by EAUK
            · Unlocks are once available on unranked servers.
            Erh, exsqueeze me? WTH does that mean in plain English? Is this really a weird EAish way to say that we can now unlock all weapons on unranked servers?

Comment

dunno maybe they'll just need 1 more patch to the patch this 1. and then one for that one, then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one,then one for that one...............

Comment

Community Update - 8/16/06

Attention Soldiers!

With the release of the 1.4 patch we have made significant improvements to player and server stability as well as introduced more ranked content for players to enjoy. Along with the many bug fixes we have included the new map "Road to Jalalabad" which is sponsored by Comcast making this patch is an excellent step forward for the Battlefield Franchise. We would like to thank everyone who helped support the Beta effort. Please take a moment to review the fix list for this patch:

1.4 Patch – New content

New level: Road to Jalalabaad (Conquest 16-32-64, Singleplayer, Co-op)
                New Server Option: No Vehicles mode
                1.4 Patch – Fix List
                Front End:
                Front end - Fixed server browser issues with updating info
                Front End - Multiplayer & Co-op - Players on server list can include Bots instead of human players
                Multiplayer Server filter “maps size” will now work
                Fixed an issue in the front end where pressing tab twice in the IP window would cause the cursor to skip to wrong box
                Game Server

Increased server stability
                All levels - Co-op – Fixed a crash after reviving player without a kit- 1st attempt
                Server - Linux 32 Dedicated – Fixed the server crash when trying to rotate maps in Special Forces Co-op Mode (fixed on SUSE only. Still present in Red Hat and Fedora)
                Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round. The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 6 and 8 respectively.
                Unlocks are once available on unranked servers.
                Ranked server have to have unlocks activated.
                Fixed Issue with the local coop server - If Server Host is kicked and banned although they do not actually get kicked, no other players may join the server after that point.
                Fixed a dedicated server crash which was occurring when the user held "CTRL" and "SHIFT" while selecting a map
                Fixed a crash which would occur when c4 was placed on a flag pole and the server rotated maps
                Fixed a Vehicle drop crash related bug (missing icon)
                Co-Op bot console commands do not function on local servers.
                Client / Gameplay:

Increased client stability
                Red/Blue nametag bug – Fix to the issue where players would show up with the wrong color name tag
                Introduced a delay from proning to standing to help reduce exploiting
                Adjusted C4 to make throwing more difficult
                Fixed the issue where a red distance marker appears on the ground
                Fixed the issue that caused players arms to become invisible after switching weapons when using throwable items
                Made adjustments to reduce the damage taken by vehicles when driving
                Commander options will no longer available whilst dead.
                Fixed the issue with a spawn point showing up as selected when a player has spawned in during preview round
                Fixed the issue that would cause infantry players to be revived with no kit.
                Fixed several rare graphics crashes.
                Fixed issue with players crashing while clicking "Join Game" in the front end
                Car-Drop: Made adjustments to the car drop feature to help prevent players from exploiting into buildings.
                Fixed an issue tied to projectiles which would sometimes allow tanks to fire two shells, support to fire multiple rounds, and other issues (all maps).
                Fixed bug where after 2 rounds on the same map, the top player stars are awarded to the wrong people in the menu
                Transport Helicopters – Increased the armor of all transport helicopters
                -The Battlefield Team

so where is it then..??

Comment

Originally posted by geddeth
                  Erh, exsqueeze me? WTH does that mean in plain English? Is this really a weird EAish way to say that we can now unlock all weapons on unranked servers?
                  No. On unranked servers unlocks were not available if you had them even if the serversetting was on. Servers always had an option to allow the players unlocks on unranked servers if he had them but in 1.3 this feature was broken.

Comment

Anyone know when the patch will be out ?

Comment

wait, this is the patch we've waited so long for, went through the community testing their betas as free labor, had a subforum dedicated to suggestions and feedback, and now have to hear about a patch release date that came and went when they should have stuck to "coming soon"?

what a load. maybe instead of spending their time working on expansion packs and a future game they should finish working on the game they've already started.

i see 2 sides argue, those who hate everything about the game and those who would be EA/DICE's personal butt-wipers, but i'm your moderate BF2 fan that has bought all previous BF games who is feed up with all this garbage. I look forward to all the great mods in the future and will NOT be buying another EA/DICE game until they pull their heads out of their.....

Comment

What I would like to see fixed.

1. Remove the antenna from the airfields. There are no antenna on runways.

2. Elevate the stinger sites and don't burier them in holes and behind buildings. They are usually placed on the higher elevations.

3. Remove the sandbags from TOW sites so one can shoot in all directions. That has gotten me kill numerous times.

4. Return the Mines to the pre-patch(s) level, and remove punishment of the engineer for placing them. How does a mine know that your friendly?? One should be able to explode them by C4 or armor gun.

5. Increase the range and power of the stinger. I am so tired of the high hovering helo launching TV missiles that one cannot shoot down because they are so hight that they are out of range.

Comment

the only real thing i care about is making the servers stable....

Comment

Originally posted by cerberus
                            the only real thing i care about is making the servers stable....
                            Me too. Drives me mad when I'm having a fun game, in a good squad, then "There is a problem with your connection" pops up. :evil:

Comment

um wasnt seat switching supposed to be addressed? no? was it in the beta? if so, could someone explain to me exactly how it worked?

Comment

It's been so long since I've played BF2 properly. I think since I've got a new hdd, fresh install... I might give it another go when the patch comes out.

Comment

Working...
                                X