X-07 Map Pack [LAN] Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: X-07 Map Pack [LAN] Released

Hi guys. Can someone please point me in the right direction regarding what I do once I download these maps? I assume they go into a BF2 folder, but where do I access them from?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.

Comment

Comes with an installer which installs all the maps to mods/bf2/levels

6 of them are SP and can be played via the SP menu
      All 12 can be started in the MP screen as a local server.

Comment

Awesome!!! I love the snow maps! I sent this pack to Viper (president of FFTF tournament) and he forwarded it to Ed (Tournament Chairman) and he's reviewing the pack, so you guys should see this pack possibly being used in the tournament. So if you wanna play these maps with a lot of other people, join the tournament.

(P.S. I'm not trying to recruit, if it sounds like it. )

REVIEW: I like the serious maps. The Cult one is infantry only, and the snow is THE ****.:evil:

Tank Master just looks like THE ****:evil: from the screenshots! 5-6 tanks on each side? Snow? I smell a Kursk ripoff...

The one with the little puddles of river is awesome too! Infantry once again, and the grass, boulder clusters, and trees provide lots of cover.

The Oil Platform I don't entirely like. I like the fact you used a bunch of crap from BF2 to make it, but since the MEC immediately gets control of it on 32/64 versions, everyone will spawn AT and rape the incoming boats and apc's (if there are any).

Street:
        :rock:

Wushan:

Looks very cool, especially the lighting in the picture of the temple. The city area VERY CLOSELY reminds me of Hue 1968 from BF:V. And I like that.

Overall I rate this pack a 9/10.

Comment

One word: Awesome.

Now, somebody post some server IP's!

Comment

nice d/ling now

Comment

The air only map is awesome - I don't fly often, but I can see how that map would be a blast.

It pits the USMC against the PLA. The USMC spawns on a carrier with a ton of fighter jets and bombers. The same goes for the PLA but they spawn on an island. There is very little land, and it takes place over the sea. There are even tunnels at water level to fly through if you get really cocky!

Seriously - somebody set up a server with this map pack on it!

(And DON'T only play Street.. for the love of god!)

Comment

Originally posted by kysterama
                Comes with an installer which installs all the maps to mods/bf2/levels

6 of them are SP and can be played via the SP menu
                All 12 can be started in the MP screen as a local server.
                THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                  Hi guys. Can someone please point me in the right direction regarding what I do once I download these maps? I assume they go into a BF2 folder, but where do I access them from?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.
                  I put the entire pack on our unranked here. Normally it runs one of the TotalBF2 map packs.

Comment

*Sigh* If only people would play these

Comment

Just played the single plaer maps they are really good, I had problem on one map where the brightness kept going from normal to really dark? But I think that might of been the map design?

How can I play the maps that are not on single player with bots???

I started a local server but I was the only player on there, I know I need to get people to join but how do I play with just bots or with one or two frinds and the rest of the players bots???

Comment

Awesome map pack.. nice layouts of the statics.. EA should do this good of job making thier maps... cough KARKAND..

Anyway.. I love the lighting and the sound effects too... just had a ball playing them in SP.. only I was playing them with BF2 1.4 beta.. one SP map kept crashing, the one with the railroad and sound effects.. it would CTD after only a minute inside the map with no flags capped it that helps any.

The street map seems so realistic with the chopppers overhead.. lol I looked up when I first heard them it sounded so real.. a Sound Blaster FX helps alot too

The one warehouse map traing something or other.. awesome feeling when fighting against bots in that one and lots of tiny areas to hide.

I almost hate to play them MP for fear it will ruin the maps once the smacktards start thier nade spamming tactics in some of the close quarter maps.. other than that Im kind of looking forward to playing them with people that are intrested in new map layouts and a very impressive setup with atmosphere to boot... GREAT JOB!!

BTW,, Im one of those put down any Infantry only style maps.. but you put the playability into these maps that makes it fun.. BF2 should remain vehicle vs infantry.. but with these maps its a hoot playing infantry even.

PS like I said, I hadnt played them MP yet so I cant judge the maps with vehicle battle too.. but again the infantry only style ones even make me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by AbblePC
                          .. only I was playing them with BF2 1.4 beta.. one SP map kept crashing, the one with the railroad and sound effects.. it would CTD after only a minute inside the map with no flags capped it that helps any.
                          I'm playing the maps with BF2 1.3 and got the same CTD problem as you on the same map.

Apart from that, the maps are FRIGGIN AWESOME!

Comment

great maps. why don't dice/ea fire the mappers that they have and hire some of these guys / gals

Comment

Please test the SP maps first then release second cuz the SP maps have crash problems!

Comment

Originally posted by teetsaar123
                                Please test the SP maps first then release second cuz the SP maps have crash problems!
                                The maps are fine. It crashes mainly due to the 1.3/1.4beta patch.

Sometimes you need to bump up your texture graphic settings in order to play custom maps.

Comment

Working...
                                X