ASW Tournament Starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASW Tournament Starts

A new tournament has recently started up in the BF community. A Soldier's War have some news regarding their first mod release being used in this first campaign. Here's what they had to say:
    Our Mod .0.1 is out, it is actually a mini-mod to enhance tournament play. For now, because of the 1.30 patch, and the advent of 1.4 right behind it, we had to limit what we could mod on the first go. What were able to do was:

Redo All kits for the US (NATO FORCE in our Tourney) and MEC (UAN in our tourney - UAN is the United Arab Nations). Since "unlocks" were unavailable for "non-ranked" servers, we took all the kits, and chose the best weapons from the unlocks and assigned them to the kits. We believe you will find this an very interesting feature.

The next item we did was remove all tags from opposition forces. This way you see your sides tags only. Our next mod we are looking into removing ALL tags so you will have to identify your target, prior to shooting.

We also re-did a few maps, that were originally Chinese forces and put them over to MEC forces for the Weapons only. We wanted the vehicles to remain since the scenarios are based on China being neutral but a major arm supplier to the UAN and developing nations. Learn more...

So be sure to visit their tournament site to learn all about this newly created campaign.

Re: ASW Tournament Starts

Well... I'm going to check it out

Comment

Originally posted by u359810
      Well... I'm going to check it out
      You'd be better off joining the circus.

Comment

trust me its not that good

Comment

It could be good if they link up with us we have made a planetary league for mechwarrior 4 http://www.battlefield2leagues.com/c...main/index.cgi so we have all the coading ready + automation

Comment

Originally posted by Auman
            You'd be better off joining the circus.
            like when u Admin. GA.#3??? And u because of a bug on bf2 video, u ask 1 player to explain how he kill some? Like saing that hes was cheeting? In 2 days afther all ppl leave u alone......
            Then we join this tournement and u came to.... if you had some thing to say....u could say in our forum to argue the subject as we always made it.
            Well friends, if you intend to pass a good moments to playng this game, but of one in different forms, always current in history, terms and context.....

http://www.asoldierswar.com/

Comment

ASW back on and growing. What do you do with BF2?
              Like to run around online alone without aim and goal?
              Get's boring after a while...monotone.
              So join a tourney. If you are like me, I want free stuff. So you look for a free tourney. And there are a few.
              ASW, as said, has just fully opened it's doors. ASW is not done yet, far from it. We all in the tournament have our hands in the development for tomorrow. And this is where you might find the fun...you don't just join and are given a schedule you better attend or else...nonono, you could have an active role in the development of this free tourney.
              ASW knows where it wants to go and we all are working hard on it. We know how it is going to look and we are going there. This is constantly evolving and we will never stop to throw things in. The only way to find out if this might be something for you is to drop by, get into teamspeak and talk to us, hang out, make friends...which btw, is very easy at ASW.

You can ONLY get out of this what you are willing to put in. You want fun? We give you fun. You want to fight? We give you fights. But that is not where it stops. Stop by teamspeak and the frontpage, check out the forums and you will get the feel.

And those that want to have bad coments, well...so be it. Not everybody likes the same thing. You make up your own mind. All we ask is check us out and if we are something you want to be part of, come on in, we hook you up in no time.
              And if you see it is not for you...just be old enough to respond with a simple "Nah, not really what I was looking for" without trying to tell others what they should do...join the circus? Why, you feel lonely in the monkey-cage?

Comment

i know ASW and ASU (both) and am also the owner of many large tournaments .....

A Soldiers War is definately worth checking out ......... the gameplay is like no other .....

you want intense? ... .thee forum flame wars can't hold a candle to what the topurnaments do ....

i would put up a tournamnet division against ANY clan and bank money ...... the clans would walk away not knowing what hit them ...

in 1 word the best description is ..... ORGINIZATION

Comment

I played in the old ASW for over 2 years and I must say that some of the time I spent there was the best time of my life, it was fun and well organized. However in the beginning we also had some trouble because of the amount of people joining and quiting at the same time, you really need to try out this tourney before you can really judje it and I assure you that if you are a teamplayer and like realism then this is the place to be, however remember to stick on for more than a week to truly experiance the tournament.

Comment

Auman and Darth...I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with your comments. I don't know who annoyed you, or what axes you have to grind, but your comments are unjustified.

ASW is a fun, friendly, low stress tournament. The guys are, just like GA (if not ex-GA) great guys.

The TA's, SA's listen to their members and are not power mongers.

Anyway...I can go on. I'm having a lot of fun and I highly recommend it.

EDIT: ...and based on the number of posts you guys have around here...I trust my word will have more clout.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Squid
                      trust me its not that good
                      Flaming using someone elses loggin. Lame.:evil:

Darth has denied posting this

"oh *Bleep* i remember my bro asking about my total bf2 account because i didnt say that my bro did" unquote

see for yourself;

Comment

/hijack

Actually, a lot of the changes are subtile but enhance bf2 a lot. Last weekend's tournament was quite intense and I had to keep checking the radar to make sure I wasn't about to TK my own player. I like the that we were able to cap resources too.

All and all a great time.

Comment

We just updated the scenarios section...

Comment

i must say im also disappointed to see people whom i played with in GA slagging off a tournement they have no part in or know real knowlege of...
                            i participated in the dc minimod version of ASW and am also involved in the BF2 version and to be honest i find it one of the best gaming tourney's out there.......if it was'nt I wouldnt be there would I....

anyway hopefully Darth Squid (Famous in the bf2 Community for his dolphin Diving Skillz) and Auman (Famous for something im sure, just cant remember what) will be honest and unbiased when talking about things they no nothing about or even better SAY NOTHING....

Freeworld.....

BTW ASW Rocks

Comment

Working...
                            X