Spam Email a Hoax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam Email a Hoax

We have recieved reports that numerous members of the community have recieved an email containing information pertaining to the existence of an aimbot and other hacks. The email should have included a few links to video that try to support their claim.

We quickly got in touch with Glenn from EvenBalance and recieved the following response:
    ... it's nothing new. It's the same MSX that's been out for a
    little bit now ...

So, it looks like this was just a hoax.

It's also worth mentioning that BF2S.com was in no way involved in this email. I personally recieved an email address to an email that is not signed up at BF2S.com, so their user data has not been compromised.

Re: Spam Email a Hoax

*phew* Thought it was kinda weird. Got 4 emails that were /almost/ the same from bf2s. And JRM keeps his site together pretty tight, so I guess I kinda knew something was up. Anyways, thanks for the heads up. ... oh, and aimbotusers should wise up. It's just a game, ffs!

/G.

PS. But if his site wasn't compromised, how come the mails seem so targeted at BF2 users? Someone must have opened the can somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by geddeth
      Someone must have opened the can somewhere?
      We're digging... we're digging.

Comment

wow, it even aims for you.
        what fun is there left after that?
        sit back and watch bf2 :the movie

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Spetsnaz
          We're digging... we're digging.
          Obviously someone from this site gave out everyones email address..
          Hmmm.. Let me think.. What past admin would want to **** over you guys

It doesnt take a "wizard" to figure it out, especially since he apparently is in cohootz with maz (remember the not needed pro msx interview a few weeks back?)

*Edit* It may also be possible there is some vbulletin exploit?

Comment

Originally posted by juststoppingin
            Many key members of our staff have not recieved the email. I have a couple other accounts registered here under different email addresses they were not hit.

Comment

I didnt get the emails either,

guess they dont love me..

lol

Comment

Originally posted by juststoppingin
                No its unlikely that user information was taken from this site, main reason being not everyone got the email and I personaly recived the email through my MSN address which I did not use to sign up with here.

Comment

I got 2 emails about it, so who did the dirty ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Eden
                    No its unlikely that user information was taken from this site, main reason being not everyone got the email and I personaly recived the email through my MSN address which I did not use to sign up with here.

However, I am not a member of any other BF2 related site, and I recieved an e-mail.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
                      However, I am not a member of any other BF2 related site, and I recieved an e-mail.
                      Same here. It's pretty clear that someone got our e-mail addresses through this site. I would like to know what the heck is going on. . .

EDIT: I also got a blank e-mail from webmaster@totalbf2.com

Comment

I got four emails here. 2 were garbage. Possible viral attack attempt?

Comment

I got 4 as well...

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
                            Which is also nothing new. Hotmail users will understand, as Hotmail says they cannot verify the Sender ID.

Comment

wat was all this about i didnt get n emails??? but either way ppl using aimbots r toal ass heads and should go die :P

Comment

Working...
                              X