Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TGN's Best and Worst Games of 2011

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
    It was disappointing, as I stated, because the "improvements" between 2/Brotherhood where nowhere near the improvements made from AC1 to AC2. The story felt more weak. The gameplay, while better in some areas was actually a step back in others (tower defense sequences). Travel seems far less worthwhile compared to 2/Brotherhood due to the river separating the first two major areas that required a boat or fast travel to navigate.

The same thing with Batman. The reason why the first one was so good in so many people's eyes is because it was completely unexpected. Now that we've already played Asylum, City really held no new surprises.
    I'm not going to disagree with you about Revelations. The story was weaker, the map was more restricted, the gameplay was more repetitive, and the improvements were just outright dumb (bombs and tower defense...derp). I'm 100% sure that Ubisoft realized they dragged the Ezio storyline on too long, but they knew they needed to tie up the loose ends and finish that part of the series before releasing AC3, which has been rumored for some time. The game really just felt like a quick attempt at closing the story. It wasn't a masterpiece of course, but I wasn't expecting one.

Arkham City was different. I just have a problem with the fact that you are considering it disappointing because it wasn't as brand-new as Arkham Asylum. Despite that, it was a fantastic sequel and added everything that I was hoping and took out everything that I didn't want. In fact, I felt like they tried to put too much in the game and it kind of detracted from the story.
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Agreed in most cases, RAGE was a HUGE disappointment.
      But, IMO Crysis 2 was not that bad, yes it was a step-down from the first one, but it wasn't THAT bad.

Comment

Working...
      X