Creative XFI Sound In-Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative XFI Sound In-Game

I recently updated my drivers for my XFI soundcard and decided to test it out ingame. I checked Creative XFI w/ High sound quality and jumped in a server. I found that the sound it extremely tough to hear WHERE things are coming from. I mean the sound itself is crystal clear, but I can't make out where the sounds are coming from exactly. It may just be me since I've always kept the setting on Software w/ Medium quality. But after a few games, I decided to keep it back on software medium. What settings do you guys have it on?

Re: Creative XFI Sound In-Game

I have mine at hardware high...

I have the 2ZS... I wonder what differences exactly are gained with the X-Fi card.

Comment

That's really odd. You should be able to be fine with that. Make sure your setting in the audio console is set for Games... and in BF2 you have Creative X-FI and Ultra High settings selected...

Then everything should be fine

Comment

Hmm.. well my console is set for Games, but I didn't unlock the Ultra-High settings. I've noticed people say there isn't much difference between High and Ultra High settings. Is it worth going through the trouble to unlock ultra high and use that?

And what is the difference between Software and Hardware settings?

Comment

yes.................... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

becuse ultrahigh
          is better then
          high. .. . . ..

Comment

Are you using headphones or speakers?

Comment

I have the X-Fi Xtreme Music card and had the same problems when I first set it up. I use headphones while playing so you might want to try this...

Go to the Control Panel and open up the "Audio Console". Select the "CMSS 3D" tab and make sure you "Enable DMSS-3DHeadphone". I have "MacroFX" and "Elevation Filter" set to auto.

When this is not checked, I can only hear sounds in the ear closest to the source. With this checked on, I get the "surround sound" effect in all directions. I use sound enough in the game so this is very important to me. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by cwv_Odedge
                I have the X-Fi Xtreme Music card and had the same problems when I first set it up. I use headphones while playing so you might want to try this...

Go to the Control Panel and open up the "Audio Console". Select the "CMSS 3D" tab and make sure you "Enable DMSS-3DHeadphone". I have "MacroFX" and "Elevation Filter" set to auto.

When this is not checked, I can only hear sounds in the ear closest to the source. With this checked on, I get the "surround sound" effect in all directions. I use sound enough in the game so this is very important to me. Good Luck
                I appreciate the tech help. But I have Enable CMSS-3DVirtual, which is checked and both are set to auto also.

And yes, I use headphones. I don't know what else to do. Maybe the sound it correct, and I'm just not used to it.

Comment

I've got the XtremeMusic X-Fi card and I can hear exactly where things are. The only thing I have on that you didn't list is enable the 24bit Crystalizer, make sure the Volume Panel is set to "Game Mode," and under CMSS-3D, make sure it's checked and that "Macro FX" and "Elevation Filter" are set to auto. You might want to enable Bass Boost too.

Comment

Working...
                  X