aircraft configurations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aircraft configurations

my 3dpro just came in today, and i was wondering if any of you have some good button configureations for planes and helos for the stick.

Re: aircraft configurations

Stick nah...

But handy buttons should be rear view and pit and one button for and one for missiles and if u can, one for thruster?

Comment

ok, got a decent set up. flying plane is ok...need practice.

flying helos...just sux :|

Comment

well i have a joystick here, and i think its too old (from the mid 90's) and if it isnt then where do it go....

Comment

You definitely want to configure your stick in a way that keeps hand movement at a minimum (i.e. have all crucial controls at your finger tip points as you grip the stick). The faster (and easier) you can switch modes, and control your weapon systems, the more lethal and effective you'll be in combat. The controls you'll want to factor into your layout are:

- weapons mode toggle (A2A/A2G)
          - cannon
          - missile/bombs
          - throttle
          - chaff/flare
          - rudder

All of these need to be in optimal position so that you can react in a split second (which can mean life or death in BF2). Situations change very fast when you're flying aircraft, so forgetting where you've positioned your flares release button when you hear the lock-on tone in the middle of a dogfight is going to net you 1 destroyed jet. Keep it simple, test out your controls and adjust accordingly if it's not working out (BF2 has the easiest control setup interface I've ever seen), and see what works for you.

Comment

bind rear view to your joystick as well, helps in evading and seeing if you got your target and what else is at the base you just bombed. The map window is also a good thing to have so you know what is going on. I also have enter vehicle and parachute if I need it, and ts is bound so I can do everything from the stick.
            ref

Comment

Originally posted by air_refugee
              bind rear view to your joystick as well, helps in evading and seeing if you got your target and what else is at the base you just bombed. The map window is also a good thing to have so you know what is going on. I also have enter vehicle and parachute if I need it, and ts is bound so I can do everything from the stick.
              ref
              Not necessary. I have F to rear and X to inner view. I fly KB+JS. Works wonders.

Comment

As we have the same joystick:

Trigger - fire missles/bombs
                button 2 - flares
                button 3 - switch firing modes
                button 4 - guns
                button 5 - cockpit view
                button 6 - rear view
                button 8 - afterburner

HAT - not used

The remaining buttons at the side are used for other views.
                Is it actually possible to bind a button to a radio command? That would be extremely useful

Comment

Working...
                X