Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For everyone wondering about the REAL F-35...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For everyone wondering about the REAL F-35...

Found this link on another forum I go to that shows the F-35 whilst under construction, pretty cool shots of the guts of the new joint strike fighter

Os melhores links. se vocà está entediado, é porque não conhece o uêba

Re: For everyone wondering about the REAL F-35...

That place reminds me of IKEA. I really hope that plane doesn't come in a flat box with some Allen keys

Comment

lol, gotta love how fast technology is advancing

Comment

Originally posted by WigginLSU
        lol, gotta love how fast technology is advancing
        yep, i would say in abou 100 ~ 150 years, that graphics will get so good, we wont be able to tell the differnece between reality and fiction!!!! now THAT would be crazy...but i bet all anime dorks would love that

Comment

Originally posted by [AE]LoneWolf
          yep, i would say in abou 100 ~ 150 years, that graphics will get so good, we wont be able to tell the differnece between reality and fiction!!!! now THAT would be crazy...but i bet all anime dorks would love that
          100 - 150? Have you seen the difference between 1995 and 2005? I'd say 10-15 years tops and we'll be seeing photo-realistic graphics.

Comment

the problem with photo realistic graphics is that itll take forever and cost a zillion dollars to produce a game with them.

ie, every leaf has to have a super reflection, its own physics and all that.

therefore, only games like BF2 will exist, as only super evil corporations like EA can afford the effort, and will have high enough profits.

no crappy little startups will be able to copy cat anymore, and mods will be dead. no more fruity call of duty 2, or gay counterstrike or tom clancy bs, its all goodness now.

Comment

Such a awesome looking jet, wish it preformed as well as it looks in BF2.

Comment

I don't think it would be to hard to imagine games looking near photo-realistic in the next 15-20 years.

It was less than 30 years ago when this was what the first console game looked like (aside from Pong):

And BattleZone was one of the earliest FPS games around, and that was only 26 years ago:

And Quake1, just 10 years ago:

And 4 years ago:

The advancement in graphics has been amazing, really. The next 10 or so years will probably make games of today look like Wolfenstein 3D.

Comment

Originally posted by unununium
                  100 - 150? Have you seen the difference between 1995 and 2005? I'd say 10-15 years tops and we'll be seeing photo-realistic graphics.
                  I'm not sure. I bet if you graphed the advancement of graphics it would turn out to be logarithmic- similar to population growth.

Comment

Well, as technology advances, it will be harder to step up to the next level.

Comment

Beautiful photos of the F-35 , I agree this sould be the best performing aircraft in BF2 , but it would have just been nerfed by EA like the cobra . Realistic video we will probably see in the next seven years, just look what the film industry is doing right now and that might be a hint of what is coming. The technoligy is already here !

Comment

Originally posted by Forest
                        I'm not sure. I bet if you graphed the advancement of graphics it would turn out to be logarithmic- similar to population growth.
                        I'm not too sure about logarithmic. The advances between Quake and Battlefield 2 compared to Battlezone and Quake may not seem quite as significant technologically, but the visual difference (in terms of photorealism) they've made is much greater, and in a smaller period of time. So I might go out on a limb and say that the graph could be polynomial? This all ends up being a little subjective though.

Comment

I had the priveledge of being invited to the premier showing of the film about the making of the F35 and the inside story about the competition between the prime contractors
                          and also have the only photograph with the signature of all the original test pilots -
                          hmmm.
                          now to find it and post it somewhere

it really is a remarkable story how the government finally held a worthwhile competition and forced industry to keep the prices from skyrocketing
                          (hope they keep it up)

Comment

I for one am quite amazed at what is around today. It just blows me away every time I play the newer games. Not only are the graphics great but you can actually do everything all in one game. No need for a Flight sim, armor sim or a game where you command in third person. Its all here in real time. Its just flat Amazing. . . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Working...
                            X