Can't even start the game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't even start the game.

Whenever I try to start BF2 it brings up the little screen showing the BF2 logo and then it crashes to desktop, anybody know how to fix this? I had been playing about an hour prior to this happening and nothing had changed, I tried to system restore but still nothing.

Re: Can't even start the game.

you need to include more info and your pc specs

Comment

Well I have a P4 3.2, gig o ram, and a 6600GT. What more is there to know really, i try to start it, it goes to the splash screen and then it closes and im back at desktop.

Comment

Same thing is happening to me. Played for 8 months with no problems. I haven't played in a couple weeks since I've been busy with Oblivion. Installed the new patch last week without trying it so I don't know if that's the cause or not. I have an Athlon 64 3000 with Radeon 9800 Pro.

Comment

Well I sent it in to EA's tech support so when I get my answer I'll post it here.

Comment

This has happened to me too... ever since i've upraged to service pack 2 whenever i try to play it stays at a black screen, when i try to reinstall or uninstall it the monitor blinks and thats all that happens... if it helps my computer is custom made

Comment

reinstall Dirrect X and restart your PC

Comment

I reinstalled directX and I get to a black screen now but I can't make it past that, and there's another that's titled "Error!" but I can't see what it says.

Comment

I have the exact same thing happening. It started Saturday morning. I have not done any upgrades. The problem started with a "invalid CD key error" which I believe was the result of changing my XP user pwd. I went through the regedit key recovery process but ended up with the same bug you are describing. I tried a XP restore (rollback to a pointer prior to the problem starting) but still not working. But now I can see the errorbox. The error dialog box says: "mods/bf2/shaders/staticmesh/.fx not found!!! _DO_check your working directory, _AND_sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering programmer/GP. (really!)" Everything between the quotes is in the dialog box...It almost looks like a virus/hack message. Anyway I have un-installed everything and I'm gonna dfrag and re-install. I will let you know how it goes. For the record; I also tried the Direct-X upgrade and diagnostics.

Originally posted by denniswz
                  I have the exact same thing happening. It started Saturday morning. I have not done any upgrades. The problem started with a "invalid CD key error" which I believe was the result of changing my XP user pwd. I went through the regedit key recovery process but ended up with the same bug you are describing. I tried a XP restore (rollback to a pointer prior to the problem starting) but still not working. But now I can see the errorbox. The error dialog box says: "mods/bf2/shaders/staticmesh/.fx not found!!! _DO_check your working directory, _AND_sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering programmer/GP. (really!)" Everything between the quotes is in the dialog box...It almost looks like a virus/hack message. Anyway I have un-installed everything and I'm gonna dfrag and re-install. I will let you know how it goes. For the record; I also tried the Direct-X upgrade and diagnostics.
                  =====================
                  Well dont try what I tried now I am at the point where the install is crashing...I guess I will follow the "Crashing before Install..." Post now...

This is the last EA Freaking game I will buy...what I fiasco... EA can kiss my royal...

Comment

I figured out my problem. I was using some sort of tweaked ATI drivers that I downloaded for Oblivion, but I removed them and reinstalled the Omega drivers and it's working again.

Comment

Working...
                    X