Inadequete O/S Privilages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inadequete O/S Privilages

I am new to the forum so I don't know if this has been posted before and I am sorry if it has.

Whenever I try to join a server (specifically in the nations of war mod) I join for about 6 seconds all good selecting classes and spawnpoints then all of a sudden a message pops up and I'm back at the server select screen.
    The message says :
    |
    Inadequete O/S Privilages. |
    |
    ___________________________________________|

I love battlefield 2 and nations at war but I can't be rid of this problem.:cry:

Please can someone help me out

I changed me user to administrator (despite it already being that level) but to no avail

PS: I didn't include motherboard information, processor ,graphics card etc because I thaught it irrelevent to this bug/glitch/precaution/Idontknowwhatitis

Re: Inadequete O/S Privilages

Originally posted by EvenBalance.com
    I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Insufficient O/S Privileges"?

Download and run this file from any location, it will check for adware that stops you from being able to play on PB servers. The VX2 adware edits your user rights when it infects your computer, and many programs do not repair this when they remove it.

Click the "Find VX2.betterinternet info" button to make sure that you don't have this adware. If there are no files listed, go on to the last step. If you find the adware files, (it is usually 3 random named dll files) Select all the files found.

Press 'Delete These Files'. The program will delete all files but one that will be deleted on reboot. Allow program to reboot. Once Restarted:

* Press 'Guardian.reg'.
    * Press 'User Agent'.
    * Press 'Restore Policy'.

Clicking on "find vx2.BetterInternet info" again should show all fields blank.
    If you have no adware files, just click on the "Restore Policy" Button
    Try that - tell me if it works.

Comment

Well I didn't have any of those adware files (too right got a virus a few days ago... been scanning every hour!) but I have clicked "restore policy" I don't know if that'll work. I do have a few files. I'll printscreen the box I get and post it.

EDIT:
      Log for VX2.BetterInternet File Finder (msg126)

Files Found---

Additional Files---

Keys Under Notify---
      crypt32chain
      cryptnet
      cscdll
      Dynamic Directory
      ScCertProp
      Schedule
      sclgntfy
      SensLogn
      termsrv
      wlballoon

Guardian Key--- is called:

User Agent String---
      {(Not gonna show this info cause it might be bad to show it on a forum)}

I think I remember something about that "vx2.betternet" GOT IT I remember when doing adware checks trying to remove the virus I had (surfsidekick) I
      removed something called vx2.- something.

Would that cause this problem with the os privilages?

The problem has been solved. Thank you so much for your help and maybe I'll catch you on the battlefield sometime. My xfire is dagamemaster

Comment

No problems - Glad I could help you!
        Enjoy Battlefield 2!

Originally posted by GMaster111
        Would that cause this problem with the os privilages?
        Haha - Reading really helps :P
        Spyware, eeewww

Comment

I tried this, and no files came up... and I am still getting kicked for the same reason... any idas? Perhaps a re-isntall & re-patch?

Comment

The only thing you guys need to do is run the game from an administrator profile on your computer!

Comment

Working...
            X