Why the Revolution will be soo good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the Revolution will be soo good.

Fun. Fun, fun fun. Look at this new game comming out for it (Red Steel) An FPS where you actually use your controller as sorta your gun. You point it towards the enemies, then shoot. You twist your wrist? Well so does the guy in-game. Check it out-

For the revolution, the visuals are impressive to. As good as the launch 360 games.

Re: Why the Revolution will be soo good.

Looks really gimmicky imo. I'd rather have a Controller for a Console FPS.

Comment

From the scans I've seen, I've not seen any soft or self shadows. Texture res is nice, and I hope the AA looks that good, but I also didn't see any normal or parallax mapping, either. Nothing immediately jumps out and says it's using anything much beyond Flipper's feature set.

First the scene is in a small enclosed area, so no draw distance to worry. The quality of the texturing is very high, but it's highly reptitve. Those 'fruit machine' things are identical, so a large splash on texture budget covers a substantial part of the scenery.

Quality wise I'm seeing similarities with RE4 in use of photo-textures. Improvements over that GC game are AA and texture res, but no soft shadows and no self-shadowing. Poly counts are up a bit too I think.

I don't think any game can be judged from stills though. Baked on lightmaps can make for awesome stills but look out of place in motion. I'm hopeful this is just a tiddly little example and not stressing the system at all, and that this quality can be obtained outdoors and with more going on. It's a positive first showing, but I don't think it can yet be considered 'next gen' on a par with the other two next-gen consoles until we see a lot bigger world with more happening.

Comment

I think <kb>smoker is a very good example of what i'm getting at. He really doesn't seem to care how good the game is gameplay wise (look at the first paragraph i typed) but how well the game actually looks. Is that all that next gen is about? Looking good? Sure i can play oblivion right now, but i'd really like that extra bit of reality while swinging my arms around to actually use my sword... It looks well. Not to use you as an example or anything, but, lol you lost me with all of that graphics talk.

For the reallly lazy here's the pics w/o links:

Comment

Originally posted by alecs36
          I think <kb>smoker is a very good example of what i'm getting at. He really doesn't seem to care how good the game is gameplay wise (look at the first paragraph i typed) but how well the game actually looks. Is that all that next gen is about? Looking good? Sure i can play oblivion right now, but i'd really like that extra bit of reality while swinging my arms around to actually use my sword... It looks well. Not to use you as an example or anything, but, lol you lost me with all of that graphics talk.

For the reallly lazy here's the pics w/o links:
          Oh beside the gfx what can you get out of these scans? It's tell you nothing about the gameplay. then you try to say it looks better or just as good as 360 launch games. That is just stupid to say something like that. Then when i point out IN DETAIL why it isn't. You go its all about the gameplay. Please gfx have a big part in next-gen. Plus a lot of other...ex. physics, size of teh game, characters on screen....

This game looks like a good xbox game really.....

Comment

I guess you missed, for the revolution. But alright. The main part of the post was about gameplay. Sure you went in detail about why it isn't as good, but i still say it looks just as good. I have PGR3/GRAW. These screenshots, look, just as good. Stupid to say that they look just as good or better? I have the bloody 360 games bud. Do you? I mean, look at those machines in the first pic to the right. Lol. What can we get out of those scans? Did you read my first post? It really shows what we'll be doing with the controller. Look at the people, holding out the gun, the guy in the first pic is twisting is wrist so the person in-game is twisting his wrist too while shooting. (or about to). This will be that extra bit to realism. Instead of just moving a mouse/ joysticks.

I'll take what somone else said in another forum

Can you imagine actively moving and tilting the gun onscreen or actuallly lobbing/rolling grenades?

Comment

Fun. Fun, fun fun. Look at this new game comming out for it (Red Steel) An FPS where you actually use your controller as sorta your gun. You point it towards the enemies, then shoot. You twist your wrist? Well so does the guy in-game. Check it out-

For the revolution, the visuals are impressive to. As good as the launch 360 games.
              You never heard of a lightgun?

Comment

I think the novelty will wear off after two hours (maybe less) of pointing the controller at the screen. Yeah, nice idea, it's good to see some innovation, but I'd like to see it working first before I commited to shelling out the hard earned.

Comment

That looks like concept art not ingame footage.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Fox

Originally posted by Sir. Hoppum
                    You never heard of a lightgun?
                    You actually move your character in this game. It's an FPS..

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Fox
                      i believe you might be right.

Since GI took the liberty of publishing the story already (ahead of the arranged embargo, as far as I know), allow me to point out that what you see in those scans are ´tentative screenshots´ if you will. I can´t go into detail, but it´s not certain that we´ll end up with those graphics precisely. Then again, ´Red Steel´ will shine by gameplay merit alone. Trust me.

You can find that comment here:

This means that the screenshots are what they hope the game will look like. As most of you remember Madden 360, Killzone PS3, original Splinter Cell 4 Xbox 360 screenshots, etc turned out being way off. So this could be a good or bad thing. maybe they will look a lot better. I think they will, but not if the spec from ign are true. I don't think nintendo will go with just an OC gamecube with a little but more ram. SHould get a lot more video/pics at E3. :hmm:

Specs:
                      IBM's "Broadway" CPU is clocked at 729MHz, according to updated Nintendo documentation. By comparison, GameCube's Gekko CPU ran at 485MHz. The original Xbox's CPU, admittedly a different architecture altogether, was clocked at 733MHz.

Revolution's ATI-provided "Hollywood" GPU clocks in at 243MHz. By comparison, GameCube's GPU ran at 162MHz, while the GPU on the original Xbox was clocked at 233MHz. Sources we spoke with suggest that it is unlikely the GPU will feature any added shaders, as has been speculated.

Revolution will operate using 24MBs of "main" 1T-SRAM. It will additionally boast 64MBs of "external" 1T-SRAM. That brings the total number of system RAM up to 88MBs, not including the 3MB texture buffer on the GPU. By comparison, GameCube featured 40MBs of RAM not counting the GPU's on-board 3MBs. The original Xbox included 64MBs total RAM.

Comment

those are some nice graphics

it makes you wonder how nintendo can fit the technology for those kinds of graphics into a box as small as the revolution

Comment

did you read the hardware specs of the revolution ?

140 mhz GPU with 80 mb ram ? sounds like bad grahpics to me

maybe the controller is good + good FPS game = i buy
                          but i dont like other games on revolution besides smashbros

Comment

You actually move your character in this game. It's an FPS..
                            Ever wonder why some console lightguns had d-pads on the side?

Comment

Nintendo have dropped out of the race for console supremacy, well they was out the race before it even started,a light gun on ps for time crisis is a much better option imo, and as for power, performance, eye candy, phff, with there specs, a normal pc will have more omph!

Comment

Working...
                              X