Some good mod ideas....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some good mod ideas....

Alright, lets get down to it, had a few ideas that may be incorporated into BF2/sf to make it alittle more realistic/badass, some ideas may already be in some mods, I havent been able to check every mod out yet.

1st, Better explosions, explosions are what make war war, they need to be better, lots of smoke and debris, with the charred hulks of the vehicles staying around longer, and perhaps "melting" into the ground, rather then exploding into a few tiny chunks of debris. Explosions need to also be louder and send more shrapnel out.

2nd, Better kits, I'm sure most mods include better kits, with more variety, but its a neccessity for any mod. Spetsnaz and Rebels should not have Identical kits, at least skin the weapons differantly, the rebels weapons should look more scratched up, and worn than the spetsnaz. The spetsnaz should have weapons like An94's, Ak101's, 74's, etc, whereas the rebels should have 47's, Scoped SKS, G3's, etc. They're all obvious changes

3rd, Better arty/mortars. I don't know if it would be possible, but add more arty cannons/rounds when arty called, maybe mod the charge time. Maybe add offscreen mortars or arty as well that require a comm/fdc tent to call in. Or even possibly adding in the idea of "forward Observers," im an FO so i think that adding them into the game, albeit limited would be badass, i could elaborate more if someone needed.

4th, more natural terrain, i.e. grass, bushes etc. with a permanent set draw distance, to allow ambushes and sniper attacks, as well as concealment from enemy vehicles and air. The city levels should be more dirty as well, Iraq especially is a filthy place, trash of every kind is littered basically anywhere in most areas. grimey, smokey, dusty, etc. more local effects.

5th, more realistic damage scale, i.e. less shots to kill people/vehicles, but also less ammo for certain weapons like SRAWs etc. Louder sounds from weapons and footsteps and whatnot as well as from vehicles.

6th, Vehicles should move much slower on offroad terrain, almost forcing chokepoints throughout the map, with large battles. Trust me, hummvees are quick, sorta, but when you throw em into a field full of little ditches and mounds, they suck. This idea makes mines more practical, and makes infantry more useful as well, getting into areas the vehicles are slowed down and de-mobilized in.

7th, rather than completely balancing teams in every aspect, make teams have strengths and weaknesses. Insurgents should have access to Improvised explosives that take a few secs/maybe a min, to plant, but can destroy a tank outright, and maybe suicide vehicles, and no tanks, things like that, make it more of a challenge for one team kind of.

I have zillions of ideas basically to make the game more realistic, and fresh

Re: Some good mod ideas....

1. yeah that sounds logical, but the problem is creating them, no idea if they would cause extra lag or something, otherwise it would be in
    2. as u said, mods have them, nothing to say
    3. well, it would seem fun to you, but some people realli hate these things, would be hard for a mod to satisfy both sides.
    4. same as 1
    5. they have that at project reality i believe
    6. thats not a bad idea, i mean the offroad thingy, the ditches and mounds would make vehicles less dun
    7. lol, i have no idea what that means

Comment

More setup time for claymores would be pretty cool, as it would leave the player more exposed. Claymores should definitely be destructible via nades, also... and mines.
      OH , and a rare weapon misfire would be kinda fun.

Comment

A lot of these changes are relatively simple .tweak file changes. If you have "Zillions of ideas" I suggest you start checking out the files yourself, because just putting ideas out there likely won't get any real response. Truth is, mod teams usually already have thier own ideas, its why they got to modding in the first place.

Comment

Good ideas, but I guess you've got to the point everyone with some gr8 ideas faces, modding isn't easy or quick. Good luck getting them done

Comment

make a mod that is nothing but female soiders! LOL

Comment

Working...
            X