• Show
Clear All

• what the hell is the problem here?

I just built my system...here are the specs:
    Athlon 64 3000+
    1gb PC3200
    Radeon X800GTO 128mb
    MSI RS482M Motherboard

I am playing on medium setting and get AWFUL performance. the game usually stays under 30fps. This is rediculous, my radeon 9500 did better than that. I have the latest chipset and vga drivers. Do I need more ram or what?

Re: what the hell is the problem here?

Might b the new patches since they r makin even the best pcs stutter.

Comment

I have a very similar system to yours (see below) and am getting very smooth gameplay with medium to high settings with 2xAA.....I do have 1.5 gb ram that made a HUGE difference in performance...I am even going to 2gb as BF2 running at peak uses somewhere around 1.2gb ram.......I am also going to upgrade the graphics card to a x850 xt 256mg from Sapphire, which has 16 pipelines and smokes on speed for $160 at NewEgg......I would start with the ram...If you have an eMachine like mine you HAVE to make sure that it is correct as they require proprietary ram......Kingston KVR (GO to Kingston site to get product number) is $77 for 1gb. I also upgraded to the latest Omega ATI drivers which seemed to improve performance a bit.. here is my system specs...

By the way, if you did upgrade the ram, run a memtest from Microsoft site to determine if you have any issues...I was sold the wrong type and suffered from countless issues, ie, loading, patching, gameplay........etc..

eMachine T6410
      AMD 64 +3200 2.2 ghz
      Powercolor X800 GTO 128mb
      1.5 Kingston KVR
      RS480 MSI socket 754 MOBO
      160 gb HD

Comment

Originally posted by Binks527
        I have a very similar system to yours (see below) and am getting very smooth gameplay with medium to high settings with 2xAA.....I do have 1.5 gb ram that made a HUGE difference in performance...I am even going to 2gb as BF2 running at peak uses somewhere around 1.2gb ram.......I am also going to upgrade the graphics card to a x850 xt 256mg from Sapphire, which has 16 pipelines and smokes on speed for $160 at NewEgg......I would start with the ram...If you have an eMachine like mine you HAVE to make sure that it is correct as they require proprietary ram......Kingston KVR (GO to Kingston site to get product number) is $77 for 1gb. I also upgraded to the latest Omega ATI drivers which seemed to improve performance a bit.. here is my system specs...

By the way, if you did upgrade the ram, run a memtest from Microsoft site to determine if you have any issues...I was sold the wrong type and suffered from countless issues, ie, loading, patching, gameplay........etc..

eMachine T6410
        AMD 64 +3200 2.2 ghz
        Powercolor X800 GTO 128mb
        1.5 Kingston KVR
        RS480 MSI socket 754 MOBO
        160 gb HD
        Hmm, this is interesting. I'll try to pick up an extra 512mb today and see if that helps. Our systems are almost exactly the same, except for your processor which is a tiny bit better. Thanks for the info!

Hmm, I turned my sound quality from 'medium' to 'low' and my fps shot up to about 45-50.

Comment

I really feel that your problem is not enough ram....there are countless threads from people who have upgraded to 2gb who say how much of a difference it makes.......going to 1.5 for me was great..... I like our graphics card with the 12 pipelines....but I would still like to be able to run high on every setting and have faster load times so I am saving for that X800 XT !!!! happy hunting!!

Comment

Tell us if ram fixed your problem because I have this same problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Binks527
              I really feel that your problem is not enough ram....there are countless threads from people who have upgraded to 2gb who say how much of a difference it makes.......going to 1.5 for me was great..... I like our graphics card with the 12 pipelines....but I would still like to be able to run high on every setting and have faster load times so I am saving for that X800 XT !!!! happy hunting!!
              i'd reccommend the x850xt if you can find it. the x800xt is a great card--16 pipelines, much better in terms of raw speed than many of the new medium-high end cards out there today.

The problems with the x800-based chipsets DO NOT support shader model three (SM3)--meaning you can't run HDR. If you don't know what HDR is, you can google "oblivion" and "hdr". You'll find screenies of the difference between HDR and "fake" HDR--the "bloom" effect.

Still, if you can find either an x800xt or an x850xt for a good price, I wouldn't hesitate.

Comment

I have basically the same system...

Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
                Radeon X800 GTO
                1.5 GB RAM

My performance is really stellar. Maybe there is some left over drivers on your system that did not get removed? I'd try ATi driver removal tool thats avaliable on Guru3D. Do a clean install of ATI drivers. By uninstall first. Restart. Then install new drivers.

Upgrading RAM or getting a new graphics card is not the answer I believe.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Be aware that before you part with your money, (MANY) players are experiencing performance problems with this game and have computers that far exceed the specifications of your machine including myself.

I have had performance problems for months, not to mention limited servers.

I have a:

AMD Athlon FX-57 Processor
                  x2 1GB Corsair XMS Pro RAM (total 2 GB)
                  x2 GeForce 7800 GTX 256 MB (SLI)
                  Asus A8N-SLi Premium Motherboard
                  Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2
                  10 Mbit Broadband Connection (Blueyonder)

It plays perfect for a little while but then it chugs and stutters just like it has done for the last couple of months now.

It used to play perfectly fine for months, it still dose single player.

The only changes I’ve seen is that it now lags after a certain time period where as it used to happen as soon as I started playing.

Comment

3000+ is 1800 mhz defult wich isent good enof . Try overclocking it to 2400mhz at least. It will help you

Comment

Working...
                    X