Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament play?

Heyhey,

My experience with tournaments (one so far...www.global-assault.com) has been great and I'm wondering if they all work the same way as ours?

Our structure is simple, sign-up, we put you in a squad based on how you want to play (air, tank or grunt)...download our mod (more or less vanilla with a few tweaks) and attend practices and a once a week battle based on your availabilty. Our battles last all day so Brits can get in on the fun...

and the best part it's free. Typically, do you have to pay for tournaments? I'd love to know how things work in your tournament...

Thanks.

Bumped into someone I once played with on a tournament.

Re: Tournament play?

Thought someone bumped this?

Comment

Does anyone play in a tournament?

Comment

www.nato-ladder.com offers "cups" simliar to football's world cup (and I mean soccer, not our version)

No real changes to the game though, you register teams, get into pools, and depending on the size of the pools, 1,2,3 teams make it from round-robin play into the playoffs. We ended up 3rd in our pool in the 5v5 Infantry (no commander) cup going on now.

There's talk about a new ladder, and we're trying to be different - looking at a 8v8 infantry only ladder - with NO commander. Other ideas include a resurrection of an old 3v3 armor ladder they had for DC and some 2v2 or 1v1 helo action....

Comment

That sounds cool. Last round we didn't use commander...this time around we've implemented a commander with UAV and Arty...no scan...we're not sure if it'll last though. I'll definately check it out.

I wonder...with all the work that went into implementing a commander mode...do most tournament remove it?

If Dice were'nt so lazy they would of had a Uav that gave a slow camera shot of the battlefield area...one that would only allow the SL to see things from above using a commander screen. but hey...ideas are like oxygen around here....free.

Comment

Working...
          X