New Player Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Player Question

I just started playing battlefield 2 and had a couple of question I played in single player to get a feel for the game then I went online and keep getting killed left and right I rarely seem to win a firefight, is there a tutorial or something to learn the ropes? also can you zoom in more with your sniper scope? the instruction manual that came with the game sucks any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

Re: New Player Question

May I direct you to the bf2 guides section?

Comment

and where might that be please
      Thank You

Comment

I was in the same situation as you a couple of months ago.. having not played any first person shooters for years, I got owned all the time to start with.. All I can say is practice, practice and more practice and you will get better!

Comment

www.totalbf2.com has a guids section in the side bar menu. this guide is not in this forum, that may be why you couldnt see it..

However, theere are tips and tricks guides found in this forum..

Comment

Originally posted by Tkdman02
            I just started playing battlefield 2 and had a couple of question I played in single player to get a feel for the game then I went online and keep getting killed left and right I rarely seem to win a firefight, is there a tutorial or something to learn the ropes? also can you zoom in more with your sniper scope? the instruction manual that came with the game sucks any help would be appreciated thanks in advance
            i think bf2 being what it is if you want to live join a team or clan so you have mates watching your back...

Comment

If you want to compete learn to dive to the ground and spray, spray, spray. It's not that fun but if you want to kill anyone with anything other than a sniper you will have to do this tactic.

Comment

Yeah but the guide section on TotalBF2 only has guides for Ranks, Medals, Patches and Ribbons not too helpful huh...
                Thanks for the info though

Comment

Play on some unranked servers first and try out all the weapons so you know what one your strong on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tkdman02
                    When you say "zoom in more" with the sniper rifle, you are zoomed in, yeah? Right-click the mouse to use the sights (on any weapon)...? If you have done that, then no, that's all you get. But the sights are pretty decent on the sniper guns - I believe there's a more powerful scope on the M24 (USMC rifle) than the MEC and Chinese sniper rifles though.

Most people find the game very hard to play well at first, but you'll get there with a little practice. Keep at it.

And I agree about the "instruction manual" (surely that's something to be investigated under the Trade Descriptions Act??) - it's useless. They might as well have said "just get in there and figure it out for yourself, n00b". Not much help. Basically, join a squad whenever you're in a game, and try and follow the other players in that squad. That will give you some protection from the enemy (your more experienced squad-mates will be trying to shoot them too, so it won't just be "you against the world"), and should also get you into combat and helping to capture flags etc and therefore earning points for yourself. You'll also be picking up kill assists etc as you shoot at enemies that your squad-mates are firing at too, and soon you'll be getting on a lot better and getting outright kills yourself and relying on your squad a bit less. But it's still worth squadding up, even if/when you get really good.

Comment

Thanks for all the great advice its much appreciated

Comment

You are lucky to stumble along this site so soon in your BF2 Experience.

I wasn't so smart and had a long tumeltuous trip to 1stsgt.

Review the Tips and tricks section here, read the guides, don't fly vehicles until you got the hang of it in Single player and check out SecretsofBF2.com

Comment

I bought the game a while back but I didnt start playing until about three weeks ago and the only advice I can give you is to practice. I was terrible I died alot but after a while I figured it out. I recommend a class with body armor to give you a little more time in a fire fight.

Comment

In the begining, I was killed killed left and right playing assault. The best thing to do join a squad with a medic and watch you mini map for UAV. By the way what map have you been playing?

Comment

Practice makes perfect.... once you are fimiliare with the maps you'll know exactly what to do.

I recommend that you also keep trying to practice more on singl player mode land fighting driving tanks APC's cars etc....know your weapons and capabilities...

Oh yeah one more thing..... NEVER EVER NEVER EVER fly a Hilo or a fighter if you dont know how...coz you'll end up with really bad comments from your team mates....

so keep on practicing I think most of us had the same thing when we all started.

Comment

Working...
                              X