Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram question please help

Guys i have just ordered some Munchkin 2* 1gb strips Blue Ram

I have a Asus K8N SLI mother board which once the new ram goes on will leave me another 2 blank holes for Ram to go onto .

My question is can i use my old Ram 2*512 strips of something cheap which is DDR as well in the other 2 strips to make 3gb or will i cause conflicts ?

PLease help

Love you all forever and will buy you all a beer ???

Re: Ram question please help

Originally posted by Bald-Eagle11
    Guys i have just ordered some Munchkin 2* 1gb strips Blue Ram

I have a Asus K8N SLI mother board which once the new ram goes on will leave me another 2 blank holes for Ram to go onto .

My question is can i use my old Ram 2*512 strips of something cheap which is DDR as well in the other 2 strips to make 3gb or will i cause conflicts ?

PLease help

Love you all forever and will buy you all a beer ???

and it's Mushkin.

Comment

Without knowing more details about the actual RAM speeds 'n stuff, I'd say yeah... you should be ok.

I'd put the new RAM in the first 2 slots 'n put the older stuff in the back. This way, the newer RAM will be used first and you'll get less overall traffic across the bridge. I theory.

That said... there's a hardware forum for this kinda stuff. This thread shoulda gone in there.

Now where's me beer?

Edit: The esiest way to find out if it will work is to try it. If your machine fails to boot, you know. If there's a funny smell and a burning sound, you know for sure.

Comment

The beer is in the gargage and you are welcome to as much as you like , trouble is im in the UK ??????

Comment

Working...
        X