Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon unlock problem

Hi,
    I seem to be having a problem with my unlocks. I registered my account in Jan 06, started playing beginning of March and just got promoted to Gunnery Sergeant at 8000 points and i only have 5 unlock. Now looking at my other mates accounts on the same rank they have 10 unlock. I do have my BF2 update to the latest patch.
    What do u think could be the problem and is there any way to fix that?

Re: Weapon unlock problem

Your friend probably has the Special Forces expansion pack which entitles him to double the number of unlocks per rank.

If you give your friend your BF2 login details and he plays a round of SF under your login, the next time you login to BF2 you should get a bunch of free unlocks

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtForm
      If you give your friend your BF2 login details and he plays a round of SF under your login, the next time you login to BF2 you should get a bunch of free unlocks
      Will that really work? It doesn't seem like it would to me. Doesn't the account itself have to be activated with SF? How would his friend play a round of SF if his account isn't activated with it? Just because its on his PC shouldn't make a difference.

I dont have SF so I can't say, but just wondering. /wink

Comment

Originally posted by AF-|FireFox|
        Will that really work? It doesn't seem like it would to me. Doesn't the account itself have to be activated with SF? How would his friend play a round of SF if his account isn't activated with it? Just because its on his PC shouldn't make a difference.

I dont have SF so I can't say, but just wondering. /wink
        buy the game..or give him ur UN and PW play a round on warlord or something ..next time you log-in you should get a unlock.

Comment

Yes it does work. I had my friend play a bit (not even a full round, just killed a few people) and quit. The next time I logged in using my BF2 I had a few unlocks waiting for me ^_^

Comment

Thanks alot for the help. It really worked. My friend has SF so he has done it for me. Its one happy day for me.

Comment

Sorry to bump this up again, but what is it about playing the game on another PC with SF that gives you the unlock?

Is all you have to do is have SF on the computer, even though the account isn't activated with it, to get the unlock?

Comment

Sorry to bump this up again, but what is it about playing the game on another PC with SF that gives you the unlock?

Is all you have to do is have SF on the computer, even though the account isn't activated with it, to get the unlock?
                The unlocks are actually in the 1.12 (and later) patches so you don't need SF installed to use them. You just need to play a few minutes of SF using your BF2 account and that account will then be able to access SF unlock weapons and get an extra unlock slot at each rank no matter what computer you use. The unlock info is all on the account server, not on your computer.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
                  The unlocks are actually in the 1.12 (and later) patches so you don't need SF installed to use them. You just need to play a few minutes of SF using your BF2 account and that account will then be able to access SF unlock weapons and get an extra unlock slot at each rank no matter what computer you use. The unlock info is all on the account server, not on your computer.
                  Well I dont have SF but everytime I try to join an SF server it says I need to order it to play on that server. So Im guessing you merely have to have it on the PC, not necessarily activated on that account?

Comment

Well I dont have SF but everytime I try to join an SF server it says I need to order it to play on that server. So Im guessing you merely have to have it on the PC, not necessarily activated on that account?
                    Not sure what you mean by "activated on that account". You just need to run SF, log in using your BF2 account, join an SF server, and play a few minutes getting a few points. After that you don't need to have anything to do with SF any more.

Comment

Working...
                    X