BF2 MSN Messenger Buddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 MSN Messenger Buddy

This little utility will (allegedly) tell your mates which server you are in via MSN Messenger.

It's free to download, the only snag being that I don't have a fileplanet account!
    If you do have a fileplanet account, could you please download this file and PM me or post a link here.

Thanks

--Alan

Re: BF2 MSN Messenger Buddy

Why not just use your BF2 account? Log in using the e-mail you signed up with and the same password you chose.

Comment

What BF2 account?
      My usual login/pass didn't work.

--Alan

Comment

Originally posted by AlanCollier
        What BF2 account?
        My usual login/pass didn't work.

--Alan
        That's weird, because your BF2 account is really a GameSpy account. When I use the email I signed up to BF2 with it works.

Comment

No luck. Can somebody help me get this file?

Thanks

--Alan

Comment

WHy don't you just use xfire? It is basically the same thing only better and it's free. MSN messenger is trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
              ..MSN messenger is trash.
              Brilliant, what a useful insight. I'm assume that you're a teenager.

If anyone can help me download this file then please do.

--Alan

Comment

This little utility will (allegedly) tell your mates which server you are in via MSN Messenger.

It's free to download, the only snag being that I don't have a fileplanet account!
                If you do have a fileplanet account, could you please download this file and PM me or post a link here.

Thanks

--Alan
                Do you mean a fileplanet account, or a gamespy account? As unununium said, your BF2 account details should also be your gamespy account. Fileplanet is different.

Although you didn't like Revolution's insight into MSN, his suggestion of Xfire is well worth considering. Similar to this utility you're talking about (which I know nothing about btw, just to make that clear up front), Xfire lets your friends see what game you're playing, what server you're playing it on etc, and is free to download. Also (not sure if this MSN thing can do this or not), Xfire lets your friends join you directly from Xfire - it will fire up the game for you, and take you straight to that server. No writing down the IP, firing up the game manually and entering the server details yourself, you just click Xfire's "Join Game" button when you have your mate selected in your contact list, and leave it to it. It'll take you straight there. Further, Xfire lets you chat to your mates in a similar way to MSN, but unlike MSN, the Xfire chats can cut into your game too, so you don't miss messages waiting for you in Windows whilst you're busy gaming. Don't worry, you can disable that feature if you don't like it, and you the chat window can be hidden to stop it interfering with your game - but it means friends can contact you in game and you can reply while you're loading up a new map, waiting to respawn etc.

Huge range of games supported. Visit http://www.xfire.com/ for details.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - Xfire can also automatically patch all your games too. As soon as a new patch is released, Xfire can download it. Meaning you don't have to stay on top of news of patches and then go looking for a link as soon as one is released. Again, this is an option that can be disabled if you don't want auto-download.

Comment

Brilliant, what a useful insight. I'm assume that you're a teenager.

If anyone can help me download this file then please do.

--Alan
                  what the hell are you talking about - only kids use MSN
                  are you stuck in a time warp or something?

Comment

Gav

Thanks for your reply.

I already use xfire but the only functionality I use is to discover the IP and port of the server my friends are on. As we tend to change server whilst in BF2 I find it easier to just enter the IP manually rather than quit and start all over again.

I find xfire to be a pain in that it's yet another app stealing memory and CPU cycles when I already run MSN and use Skype to talk.

So, if anyone does have a FilePlanet account and can help me get this file then I'd really appreciate it.

--Alan

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                      what the hell are you talking about - only kids use MSN
                      are you stuck in a time warp or something?
                      I hope that was meant as a joke..

Gav

Thanks for your reply.

I already use xfire but the only functionality I use is to discover the IP and port of the server my friends are on. As we tend to change server whilst in BF2 I find it easier to just enter the IP manually rather than quit and start all over again.

I find xfire to be a pain in that it's yet another app stealing memory and CPU cycles when I already run MSN and use Skype to talk.

So, if anyone does have a FilePlanet account and can help me get this file then I'd really appreciate it.

--Alan
                      You should maybe consider setting up a small Ventrilo server rather than using Skype. Skype itself is a memory hog, while Ventrilo client and server use very low resources.

I have a fileplanet account, send me an email (PM for email) and I'll forward you the file.

PEACE

Comment

Working...
                      X