Make numbers of vehicles changeable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make numbers of vehicles changeable

ok,here is the deal. Everybody wants to play on ranked servers because its so fun to get that promotion. But the downside is that we have to play with EAs vehicle numbers and spawn times. The main letdown of this game is the fact that most of the time vehicles just own everybody. Tanks spawn 30 seconds after they are destroyed and they take a team of 2 at guys to take down effectively on most maps. its not like its easy to hide with the rocket launcher since the big white smoke trail is like running around in a neon orange jumpsuit on a night map. On karkand right now, one of the maps with least vehicles the tanks and the apc is still ruling the map.
    I think ea should make the numbers of vehicles and their spawn times a server option so it would actually mean something when you sneak around with your at rifle with a buddy and take out that annying tank that has killed 7 of your buddies and not be shot a minute later by the same guy in a new tank. What do you think, should the vehicle numbers and spawn time be a server option?

(if anyone can come up with a reason to why this is bad post so too, becuase i wanna know if there perhaps is a reason to why things is the way they are now. Dont just post "i like tanks, i want it to stay the way it is" because thats stupid and ignorant to the people that doesnt like them, and if it was a server option to change the vehicle numbers you could still have servers with lots of vehicles.)

Re: Make numbers of vehicles changeable

A ranking system is only meaningful when all servers follow the same rule set. Giving servers control over vehicle numbers and spawn times would create a huge variation in play from one server to the next. Imagine if baseball teams could change the rules of the game at their own parks so that they could tailor the rules to their prefered style of play.

If you want to play for points play on a ranked server. If you want to make up your own rules play on unranked servers. It's one or the other, you can't have your cake and eat it too as they say.

Comment

Ranked servers don't allow modifying vehicle numbers. Make a normal server where your buddies can ALL fly the planes. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by TheGhost
        A ranking system is only meaningful when all servers follow the same rule set. Giving servers control over vehicle numbers and spawn times would create a huge variation in play from one server to the next. Imagine if baseball teams could change the rules of the game at their own parks so that they could tailor the rules to their prefered style of play.

If you want to play for points play on a ranked server. If you want to make up your own rules play on unranked servers. It's one or the other, you can't have your cake and eat it too as they say.
        This is precisely why the ranking system sucks bad.

Comment

It is annoying, but I usually don't spawn there more than twice. But, I understand sometimes you have to (if it's the last spawnpoint)

However, what if each time armor had to respawn, it doubled the time. In other words, first respawn would take 30 secs. Then 1 minute, then 2, then 4, etc. People would tend to take care of the tanks more, and perhaps encourage people to spawn as *gasp* engineers!

Of course that would be for both sides. Maybe throw in *all* vehicles? It would teach people to stay alive in and beat a hasty retreat in a tank, knowing that it might not respawn for 8 or 16 minutes...

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but at least it is an *interesting* idea, is it not?

Comment

standardization is required for equal ranking

thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty
              This is precisely why the ranking system sucks bad.
              There are things not to like about the ranking system but this isn't one of them. Nothing is stopping you from making your own unranked server if you don't like the way the game is played under the ranking system. At the same time, if you don't like some of the rules of ranked servers you can lobby to get them changed, but letting everyone just change the rules to whatever they want is not an option.

Comment

Go use an alt ranking system server.

Comment

Working...
                X