How many people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people?

about how many people do u think still play SF. is there a site that i can go to that tells how many people are playing.

Re: How many people?

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa
    about how many people do u think still play SF. is there a site that i can go to that tells how many people are playing.
    do a POLL man...

Comment

A poll would be skewed - if he posts a poll in this forum, then most of the people who drop in here are going to be SF players. The people who never play SF don't tend to come in here for the most part, and so wouldn't vote on the poll...

If you want to see the difference in people playing SF and vanilla, you only need to look at the difference in traffic in this forum and the vanilla forum (in terms of number of posts, number of people viewing, pace at which the threads are posted on etc etc) - it's huge. Or you can check the servers running SF. When I play, I can normally find more than 3000 servers on vanilla, but only about 300-400 on SF.

Killa: I don't know of any site that tells you that, no. I think there are a lot of people who play SF occasionally, but I also think that most people play more vanilla than SF - they probably drop into SF maps for a change of pace to mix things up, rather than as their usual game servers. Personally, I play more SF than vanilla since I got the expansion because I love the infantry combat.

Comment

Sorry to bump an (two day) old thread, but I fired up Special Forces today, and with my filters (the basics -- No password, populated, etc.) I only had around 80-100 servers at most.... and that's compared to the 1000+ servers I get whenever I start BF2 up.

Special Forces seems to be more of a sinking ship than anything else.

Comment

I like it, and I'll continue to keep playing it. I don't know about how many other people are still playing it though.

Comment

i have only receently brought sf, i love it, but not many play it, i dont think it really matters, and you cn find good servers still which are full, tbh why would you need more people playing it, not like you can play on 10 servers at a time lol.

Comment

Yeah but it's nice to have plenty of server choice though, so you can avoid maps you don't like, servers you have a high ping to etc etc. Plus you can have loads of servers up and full... but that's no good to you as there's no space on them for you, so you need more servers again. And if you're impatient and don't want to wait around on an empty server for enough players to join, you soon start needing hundreds of servers up to find yourself a couple of servers that have enough people to play, but still spaces for new players to join, on a map that you like, at a reasonable ping...

Comment

Enough people play it anyway, I bought the game yesterday and I can't be more happy with it.

Comment

I almost always play SF. The gameplay is just...FASTER I guess and there is more to do: more vehicles, more diverse tactics (zip and hook), a better mix of indoor/outdoor combat, etc.

Then again, I got thorougly sick of VBF2 after getting FS--so I've still got quite a lot of SF playing to catch up with my earlier Kark-hookering days.

Don't know if I'll ever pick up the 22k points to get to SgtMaj, but maybe. Others games have been calling lately--they aren't in the budget yet, but will be in a couple of months.

Comment

Cool, I was thinking about purchasing SF and since people are still playing it, I might purchase soon. Dumb question, can you use your BF2 unlocks in SF, I like the assault unlock or is the SF weapons better?

Comment

Originally posted by ace4u
                      Cool, I was thinking about purchasing SF and since people are still playing it, I might purchase soon. Dumb question, can you use your BF2 unlocks in SF
                      Yes you can ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Chubz
                        Sorry to bump an (two day) old thread, but I fired up Special Forces today, and with my filters (the basics -- No password, populated, etc.) I only had around 80-100 servers at most.... and that's compared to the 1000+ servers I get whenever I start BF2 up.

Special Forces seems to be more of a sinking ship than anything else.

That 80-100 ranked servers has been pretty constant for the most part if memory serves.

Comment

Depends where you live... I had about 350 SF ranked servers to choose from last night (in the UK).

Comment

uhm i dont really play it much, the lack of maps kinda spoils it same with all versions its just a pain all maps cant be intergrated

Comment

Lack of maps?? There are eight maps in SF (Warlord, Night Flight, Ghost Town, Mass Destruction, Surge, Iron Gator, Devil's Perch and Leviathan - did I miss any?), how many do you want for an expansion pack?? There are only thirteen maps on vanilla (including Wake, which was added after release)...

It is a pity they can't be integrated with vanilla BF2 (kind of like EF is), but there are enough maps for SF to be a stand-alone, IMO.

Plus the SF maps are just... better. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X