Graphic Card & Ping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphic Card & Ping...

Does a 64MB Graphic Card make the pings higher?? wat is the causes of high pings? i'am staying in Singapore and i have like only 10 servers with ping below 150 =(

Re: Graphic Card & Ping...

Pings are effected by your internet connection speed and your location. I cant believe you can play with a 64mb vid card. That should make you stutter in game even with graphics on low. Good luck!!!

Comment

No, it's your ISP (internet service provider). I had the same problems until I changed my ISP (I have 128MB Nvidia 6800).

Comment

To put it simply, the faster your internet connection, the lower your ping will be. The closer the server is (physically) to your home or computer, the lower the ping will be. So if the server was next to your pc and you had a 100Mbps connection to it, your ping would be about 5 or so. But the further away you get, and slower your connection to the net is, the higher that number gets. It has nothing to do with your video card. And FMC is right, you can't play with a 64MB video card.

Comment

It is about your internet and on a side note there is a certain couple of 64 mb cards that will play bf2. I have experienced it on my grans laptop and yes the lag is horrible.

Comment

Yep...lag really really bad even in low settings.

Comment

Ping time is a measurement of the time it takes for a packet to travel from your computer to the pinged computer and back.
              It is therefore a fairly good way to estimate how much lag you will get without loading a game and testing.

Comment

so which server to choose? 50-100 ping? 50-150? 50-200? i used to play in internode servers because they only have ping about 80-100 and have a lot of servers...but now after recent patches it became 250+ and i have left with about 4-5 servers with low ping...=(

Comment

Working...
                X