1.20 to 1.22: Random drop to desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.20 to 1.22: Random drop to desktop

Ok, everything was fine playing 1.20. Then when I upgraded to 1.22 (full download), I now randomly drop back to desktop for no apparent reason. No warning, no nothing, just everything disappears and I'm looking at my desktop the next second.

I tried upgrading my graphic drivers and that didn't seem to work:
    NVIDIA GeForce 6600 v8.4.2.1

I checked the temperature of my card (I have had problems with overheating prior to installed extra fans in my PC), but that's not the problem.

Any troubleshooting ideas?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Re: 1.20 to 1.22: Random drop to desktop

I found that doing the ones under 'Tweaking BF2' helped. If afterwards you get a bug where your game freezes and your comp restarts, I can help you with that, too.

Comment

I have this exact same problem, i have a 6600GT and have tried heaps of drivers and it still crashes to the desktop with no warnings and sometimes the computer restarts. It never used to crash to the desktop pre-1.2.

Comment

hmmm, problems with Nvidia cards, go ATI! (never had a single C2D, playing for more then 100 hours)

Comment

Originally posted by Robske007a
          hmmm, problems with Nvidia cards, go ATI! (never had a single C2D, playing for more then 100 hours)
          x800xt AIW here. and yup, 2 CTD's after ~3.5 hours of playing last night (first night playing bf2 for any long stretch since 1.22).

could be just a coincidence, though--i put a new software security package (internet security suite from computer associates) on my pc yesterday. going to try shutting down all the a/v and a/s processes next time and see if it makes a difference.

my guess is that it might

oh, yeah--ATI FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Robske007a

Same problem here but unlike the guy above I think I would deal with the random C2D's till new patch and still get Nvidia quality graphics.

Comment

Working...
            X