Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does BF2 support NVidia GeForce 7800/7900?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does BF2 support NVidia GeForce 7800/7900?

Does BF2 support NVidia GeForce 7800/7900 or any of the GeForce Series?

Re: Does BF2 support NVidia GeForce 7800/7900?

No only 5500

Comment

No ofcourse not, who would buy a nVidia anyway (sarcasm) .

Comment

Yes it does, 5 series and up.

Comment

Yes it certainly does, and they run it like a dream. If you have one, you will have no problems running BF2 at any resoloution on all high graphics. And welcome to the foums! :hi:

Comment

Yes it does, the rule of thumb is "newer is better"

The specs for BF2 were released nearly a year ago, so obviously they dont include the 7 series.

Comment

Originally posted by Blak_Pheonix
              Yes it certainly does, and they run it like a dream. If you have one, you will have no problems running BF2 at any resoloution on all high graphics. And welcome to the foums! :hi:
              I think that's a little of an overstatement. Running BF2 maxed at all settings and 1600x1200 on a 7800GS would probably bog in spots. I played the game on a 7800GT for awhile and while it was good it was not superb. That is reserved for SLI GT and GTX setups.

Right now, I think the best back for the buck is the EVGA 7900GT Superclocked (if you can find it). Blows away the 7800GTX but at less than 2/3 the price. I don't think the 7800 series cards are going to start to drop for at least another month or two.

Comment

my 7900gt runs bf2 @ 1600x1200 with everything cranked to max and runs in the constant 70-90fps range. 2 Gigs of ram is also REQUIRED for buttery smooth gameplay no matter what video card you have. My 7900gt does better than most, since I voltmodded it to reach 650 on the core. A stock 7900gt should do well enough to keep it smooth though.

Comment

works with mine. he drivers are practicly the same so it wouldnt be a problem!

Comment

I have two top cards in my setup and I lagg bad but this is not down to the graphics cards, BF2 has been hampered with lagg issues for a long long time (regardless of comp specs). Bear this in mind if you are one of the unfortunate people that get this....

Comment

Working...
                    X