Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SF crash during installation(ea downloader)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF crash during installation(ea downloader)

hi everyone. ok, here is my problem: I have the digital download of SF off of the EA Downloader. At one point, when i had first downloaded it, i had it installed but BF2 would not patch correctly. Had to Reinstall BF2. After patching it would not install SF. Does the whole setting up install shield wizard... bar runs across screen and the screen flickers and then nothing. Next would be language select if I remember right. I have manually removed both BF2 and the downloader and tried reinstalling and redownloading. I have to install bf2 in safe mode because of some Dell CD verification issue, and it takes like 30 mins to install bf2. I have checked to make sure that the video and sound drivers are up to date, and have no idea as 2 what to do... I have made sure everything is exited with task manager and still nothing. I have tried installing SF in safe mode... nothing. I have tried installing before i patch bf2... nothing. i have tried manually removing EA downloader and reinstalling... nothing. i have tried everything that i could come up with and then some. EA tech support has been working with me on ideas for the past 10 days. they take about 6 or 7 hours for a turn around on the support site. If anyone has ANY ideas PLEASE let me know...
    Thank you in advance.
    Oh BTW I am running a dual 1.7Ghz system w/ 3Gig ram, Radion X600 series video card with 256 Meg Hyperthread just to clearify that issue

Re: SF crash during installation(ea downloader)

I am having some problem with installing SF through the downloader as well. Mine lets me choose the language then shows the Battlefield 2 logo then a screen with click next to install and then crash something to do with a cdkey checker. Tech support told me to manually enter the cdkey in the registry which didn't work, I have uninstalled and reinstalled BF2 and the Downloader multiple times, turned off antispyware and antivirus during the download and nothing has worked. Open to any other suggestions if anyone has some.

Comment

i Had same problem yesterday.

Only thing that got me to the next step was this:

Folks were sent this email from EA

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I’m sorry for the difficulty that you are having with Special Forces Expansion.

Please try updating your punkbuster. To resolve any issues regarding PunkBuster please contact the creators, Evenbalance (http://www.evenbalance.com).

For issues specfic to Battlefield 2 visit http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php...upport-bf2.php

Also please visit this site to download the fix for the Battlefield 2 Special Forces

Just Enter your EA Account Name and the Battlefield 2 Serial Number

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com)

Marc C.
      Electronic Arts
      Technical Support
      I hope that helps.

I got it to finally install using that but now it doesnt recognize my KEY ingame. I suspect what matters is WHEN you install SF patch and use this tool.

If somebody fixes this problem and even gets ingame properly, can you tell us what your precise order was?

Comment

There are some ATI issues with SF crashing that will be resolved with the 6.4 Catalyst drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by mdThanatos
          I am having some problem with installing SF through the downloader as well. Mine lets me choose the language then shows the Battlefield 2 logo then a screen with click next to install and then crash something to do with a cdkey checker. Tech support told me to manually enter the cdkey in the registry which didn't work, I have uninstalled and reinstalled BF2 and the Downloader multiple times, turned off antispyware and antivirus during the download and nothing has worked. Open to any other suggestions if anyone has some.
          Thanatos, your problem sounds very similar to the one I was having. Check out this thread: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47120

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck
            There are some ATI issues with SF crashing that will be resolved with the 6.4 Catalyst drivers.
            Thats only with some cards and their configs. I play almost nothing but SF with my x800xt running the Omega 3.8231 drivers (based on 6.3 Catalyst) without any problems. I ran the 6.3 Catalyst at first but I found a little performance boost with the Omega drivers and I like the ATI Tool Tray for overclock testing.

As to the original post, just make sure your antivirus is not actively scanning while installing. Sorry, I could not come up with something more.

Comment

Every single time I try to install SF I get a "patching failed" notice when it's about to upgrade BF2 to 1.2 or 1.1 (i don't remember which one) version.And the whole installation stops after I get this notice.And not just that,but after all this thing,I can't play BF2.I have to uninstall it and reinstall it.

I tried uninstalling BF2 and deleting the registries many times and I even tried to apply the 1.12 version patch but nothing!I still get this "Patching Failed" thing!

AND I CAN'T PLAY SF ALL THESE MONTHS THAT I HAVE THE BLOODY GAME!

Comment

Working...
              X