Engineer Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineer Ideas

A good idea to get more engineer points, and stop vehicle 'whoring' would be to have a limited amount of fuel on ground vehicles so they either have to pull up to a petrol station or get an engineer with a kit item of fuel to refuel.
    Also Engineer's should be able to upgrade weapons on vehicles, like explosive cap .50s on the Humvee or descending Hellfire missiles on the cobra.
    Maybe even tune up infantry kits? Maybe not.

Re: Engineer Ideas

No fuel.

I'd like to see more demolitions and explosives capabilities.

Comment

Interesting idea. I dont know if I would like it in practice, but I like the creativity. My only concerns would be a lot of abandoned vehicles with no fuel or games full of engineers (much like the games full of vehicle driving snipers when BF2 was first released). I really dont mean to rain on the idea because I do like the thought. I play engineer fairly often and it bothers me that my score is solely dependent on my vehicle and parking next to damaged vehicles. I would like to see them have more of a role as well.

Comment

Don't you get points for fixing bridges? I know it's not a vast role and I too would like to see an expansion of the class.

Comment

You get points by denying enemy armor safe access to roads and entry points to flags. Repairing stuff is the slowest way to get points. You have hand grenades too, so use em and kill some people. Don't complain about your low scores, play your kit they way it should be! played!

Comment

Upgrades would be cool

Comment

Originally posted by TheEndofWar
              You get points by denying enemy armor safe access to roads and entry points to flags. Repairing stuff is the slowest way to get points. You have hand grenades too, so use em and kill some people. Don't complain about your low scores, play your kit they way it should be! played!
              Not a fair statement to say sombody who rather go around rapairing stuff isn't playing the class correctly because it doesn't yield more points...

I agree that DICE should have more non-combat point oppurtunities for the engineer.

Some of my thoughts... 1. There should be a 15-30 second oppurtunity for an engineer to repair a tank after it has been destroyed (just like medic revive). 2. The airports/helipads should have a building that can be destroyed/repaired and when destroyed helis/jets can't rearm.

Comment

If the Engineer items get full, you can always just remove the knife and give the wrench a secondary melee attack

Comment

Originally posted by TheEndofWar
                  . Don't complain about your low scores, play your kit they way it should be! played!
                  Low scores? My top score on Dragon is 175. I hate the idea of limiting fuel though. You can try to make the game too realistic. The fact that it comes from a sniper says enough.

Comment

Does anyone think that the spec ops kit isn't needed? TBH the engineers should've had the C4 and demolitions stuff. Like someone else said. Would've led to much more interesting gameplay.

Comment

I dont think that you are ever going to be able to stop the whoring. People would just find other ways to do it with the suggetion that you have.

Comment

Working...
                      X