Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Euro Force maps show in vanilla browser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Euro Force maps show in vanilla browser?

The title speaks for itself, but I'll make sure I'm really clear.

1: I have my "same version" and "same mod" filters both enabled.
    2: I don't have EF.
    3: EF servers show up with their map names in red, can't join, etc., sure, but.....

Why are they still on my server browser? With "same mod" filter enabled, they shouldn't show at all, right?

I know, it's kind of a minor thing, but it's pretty annoying.

Oh, also, has anyone noticed you can't scroll up or down in your favorites list? All you get is one page.

Re: Why do Euro Force maps show in vanilla browser?

Well i just recieved euroforces and the only thing i can tell ya is that the downloader installed the maps to my bf2 directory. And is most likly the reason we see this in the browser.
    I havnt played it yet, won a free key Not really into bf2 myself, just bought it to mod it

Comment

I have the same problem with the browser. It's very annoying. The browser has always been buggy in this manner.

I've worked in the IT industry for the last 17 years. To me this would seem to be an easy problem to fix, but probably keeps getting pushed down the priority list, but I could be wrong.

It would be nice if they could build a nice, yet functional browser. It's probably also a matter of which development team owns the responsibility coupled with the assumption that we will all use third party browsers.

Comment

its because euroforce isnt an Expansion pack, you can play both Euroforce and vanilla maps on the same server, once a euroforce map comes up you will get kicked if you dont have it. you cant filter them out becuase theres nothing too filter out. They run on regular servers

Comment

Well they should have made it an expansion that's playable on regular maps so crap like this and getting disconnected don't happen.

I'm gonna be pretty cheezed if I'm playing on some server and get booted for not having the booster.

Comment

Originally posted by {YBBS}Sage
            Well they should have made it an expansion that's playable on regular maps so crap like this and getting disconnected don't happen.

I'm gonna be pretty cheezed if I'm playing on some server and get booted for not having the booster.
            Somewhere in these forums there wasa a thread with a link made about why they did not want to do that. But zuiquan1 is right, it is considered "Regular BF2" like it or not Armored Fury will be the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
              Somewhere in these forums there wasa a thread with a link made about why they did not want to do that. But zuiquan1 is right, it is considered "Regular BF2" like it or not Armored Fury will be the same thing.
              Wonderfreakingful. The add-on that costs $$ is considered "vanilla." Great server browser.

Comment

BF2: Euro Force is a booster pack and not a expansion pack.
                That means it does not get it's own directory / mod like Special Forces does.

You can play Euro Force by using BF2 Vanilla.

Comment

Just be patient guys, Quake Wars is coming soon, so is Ghost Recon Advanced Wargfighter. This will provide some much needed relief from the BF2 headaches and confusion.

Comment

Working...
                  X