Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow loading time, lower spec comp loads faster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow loading time, lower spec comp loads faster!

I really can't figure this out.
    Athlon XP 2.21Ghz
    1.5 Gig ram
    Geforce 6800
    raid 0 array.

My load times seem very long compared to my bro's system which is
    Athlonn 64 1800
    768Meg ram
    Geforce FX 5800
    single sata drive.

Sisoft Sandra benchmarks for CPU, memory BW, file system mostly beat or are close to his system however he can load up a map and start playing before mine is done "verifying client data". I keep my disks defraged and there is way over 1G free physical ram.

you are a frickin wizard if you can help me figure it out.
    TIA!!!

Re: Slow loading time, lower spec comp loads faster!

are you both playing at the same settings. the settings make a big difference in the loading time.

Comment

whats the ram and HD speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by [wbt]nerf
        I really can't figure this out.
        Athlon XP 2.21Ghz
        1.5 Gig ram
        Geforce 6800
        raid 0 array.

My load times seem very long compared to my bro's system which is
        Athlonn 64 1800
        768Meg ram
        Geforce FX 5800
        single sata drive.

Sisoft Sandra benchmarks for CPU, memory BW, file system mostly beat or are close to his system however he can load up a map and start playing before mine is done "verifying client data". I keep my disks defraged and there is way over 1G free physical ram.

you are a frickin wizard if you can help me figure it out.
        TIA!!!
        All I can figure out is that he has an Athlon 64 while you have an Athlon XP. Being as the AMD 64 is a newer architecture it probably processes more quickly during loading.

Comment

Map loading time is pretty much tied directly, and exclusively, to 1) your settings, 2) hard drive seek and read speeds 3) amount of ram. Your processor should not make much of a difference, if any at all.

I would suspect the culprit is your raid setup. In theory it should be faster than his single sata drive but on occasion it can be slower. Also, where is your pagefile and how big is it? With 1.5 gigs of ram you are probably not loading the whole level in memory and if the remainder is probably going to your page file before the level starts, but that is only a theory.

Comment

Working...
          X