FPS indicator???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS indicator???

So i ussually run BF2 on all high, and AA at 4X, max out pretty much, audio on ultra high and everything. Today i log into a friends account to get the SF weapons for him, and it reset the graphics by to 800X600 and everything low or medium and no AA, and i was getting the same frame rates as with my high settings? Can someone explain this issue to me.

Re: FPS indicator???

Special forces was made by a million monkeys sat at a million bbc microns.

Comment

Indeed, SF is terribly optimized, it's laggier than vanilla for most people, so you're not alone.

Comment

I hope you are reading this DICE WTF is up with your engine???

Comment

I don't notice any difference in lag between SF and vanilla - I don't get any on either. Granted I've never checked my framerates though - it could be lower in SF and I just haven't noticed it. How do you do it? Third-party software running in the background, or does BF2 have a console you can type a command into?

Comment

renderer.drawfps 1

Comment

Originally posted by papi4baby
              So i ussually run BF2 on all high, and AA at 4X, max out pretty much, audio on ultra high and everything. Today i log into a friends account to get the SF weapons for him, and it reset the graphics by to 800X600 and everything low or medium and no AA, and i was getting the same frame rates as with my high settings? Can someone explain this issue to me.
              yea, my cousin some how got into this game, and reset everything back to defualt just by hitting single player.

Comment

In general, SF has much much more clutter causing the frames to drop.

Comment

I just don't see this. I will check my fps.. but even on Iron Gator, the palace at warlord etc.. i never experience any slowdown, lag, or problems at all. my settings are about half and half on high/medium

i don't have a killer machine either..
                  in short:
                  AMD 64 3200
                  2 gig Crucial XMS
                  X-fi premium sound card
                  Ati All in Wonder 9600 128
                  (watercooled system)
                  (+ a bunch of other crap that doesnt matter)

Comment

If you log in with a different account, it will use default settings (Med, 800x600), settings and all are saved to the profiles in "My Docs"..

0001 Is your account settings, hence they will all be on high
                    0002 Is your mates accont, hence they will be set to default because its the first time useing this account on your computer.

Comment

Originally posted by wattsfox43
                      I just don't see this. I will check my fps.. but even on Iron Gator, the palace at warlord etc.. i never experience any slowdown, lag, or problems at all. my settings are about half and half on high/medium...
                      Im pretty sure its due to graphics drivers. inside warlord and gator used to lag the hell out of me, until i updated my drivers. now all is fine. on occasion though i still get a major fps drop on gator. this is during the middle of the map, fps drops to like 15 for a minute or two, then goes away.
                      "Crunch's First Officer"
                      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by papi4baby
                        BF 2 has individual settings which are stored in a .con file in your My Documents folder. Since you logged onto your friends account it sees it as a new one and will set everything to default, NO need to worry, when you log back onto yours they will be how you left them!

DR. Pixel_Pirate

Comment

Working...
                        X