Choppers and AA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choppers and AA

I havent played in a while, and decided to give it another go.

My first thoughts, have they nurfed the chopper guns and significantly increased the AA weapons?

I fly over a map now and it seems the alarm is going off 90% of the time, and no one seems to be able to hit anyone with the gun.

Re: Choppers and AA

yeah basically thats it. Guns didn't get nerfed but you only have 8 missiles and the tv range is about as long as my pubic hair now. I think they dummed down the AA a bit in 1.22....1.21 it was pretty devestating.

Comment

There's been a big nerf to blackhawk guns, but none to attack chopper cannons. Attack choppers had their rocket wracks reduced (8 now, 12 before) and there's been a general decrease in all aircraft armour.

AA got both a buff and a nerf. They actually track now, but the lock range has been reduced. When fired, they go staight for awhile before they start to track. This has caused some confussion on both sides of the fence. AA users wondering why the heck their missiles aren't turning and chopper pilots wondering why their flares don't seem to work.

Hope that clears some up for ya. Try searching for more info... it's been a heated topic for awhile.

Comment

AA is still more useful for shooting at a vehicle/person on the ground near you than anything in the air.

Thats all you need to know

Comment

If you can't hit a plane with the AA weapons, you're a noob plain and simple.

To hit the planes you need to lead them about 1 to 2 plane lengths and you're missiles will fly very true. In fact, if the enemy plane is close enough and you lead enough, you don't even need a lock-on, the missiles will automatically follow him, and they almost never miss an F-35 (only the best get away from my missiles) but the J-10s have a fair chance because of their increased maneuverability.

And for going through flares, once you're locked on a pilot will sometime panic and drop immediately, just give it a couple of seconds and your missiles will ignore the flares. I've even shot right through flares by leading planes. The AA is as it should be.

Comment

Thats like looking at physics from a grade 11 standpoint. It just doesnt work that way in reality. Most pilots know where AA is and do a good job of keeping out of its range. They're not particularly useful.

I'm not advocating change, they're a waste of gametime.

Comment

Originally posted by BryanG
              Thats like looking at physics from a grade 11 standpoint. It just doesnt work that way in reality. Most pilots know where AA is and do a good job of keeping out of its range. They're not particularly useful.

I'm not advocating change, they're a waste of gametime.
              Hey I'm a junior and taking physics lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonskizzle
                Hey I'm a junior and taking physics lol.
                Then you just learned something valuable that your teacher isn't likely to tell you. At the level you're learning physics, it's so basic that it amounts to BS.

Figuring this out was a big step for me in terms of being able to grapple with the subject. You aren't learning physics... you're learning how to learn physics.

Edit: Hehe, try bouncing that of your teacher sometime just to see what the reaction is. Not during class... that's likely to annoy him/her. After or before class sometime start with "This guy on the internet said...".

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                  Figuring this out was a big step for me in terms of being able to grapple with the subject. You aren't learning physics... you're learning how to learn physics.
                  Exactly! Well put! If you learn it now in the simplified form, it makes it VERY easy and logical to expand on the concepts at a later time.

Comment

Working...
                  X