Is Everyone On Euro Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Everyone On Euro Now?

I bought it a couple weeks ago. I havent get it working yet. I dont think i ever will. No thread or EA rep seems to even come close to my problem. So no i havent been playing EF.

Comment

I totally agree with all this (and everyone else also):

Originally posted by PHPT
      Two maps are complete armor/air whore maps.
      One map is a complete armor/sniper whore map.

Well I think it's time the sniper class has it's day. Everyone seems to be spamming the Support class these days in BF2, spray n' pray style!
      Excellent point with the armour whoring - it makes you wonder what "Armoured Fury" will be like!!

It's clever marketing, really: Announce two booster packs, call the second one "Armored Fury" to imply that the first one's going to be... well.... something other than an armor whore expansion.

Absolutely!

Although Great Wall has to be the most hillarious map ever. I single-handedly clogged the entire map by going to that one gateway between the west and east sides, throwing one AT mine in the middle of it from a bit off to the side, and waiting. Anyone who went through got blasted, then I dropped another AT mine. Eventually there was just this massive logjam of armored crap on both sides of the wall.
      That's good : D

Comment

It's not even out here yet...

Comment

The only really maps I have been playing is Sharqi, Wake and Operation Smoke Screen, I like how you can just join a Euro server while on BF2 vanilla, but you can't join SF which is stupid, can a patch fix that?

Comment

I think there's a good chance the next patch will make that happen through popular demand. Nothing at the moment though alas.
            Hey dude I've been meaning to enquire about this: On op. SS, does all that smoke affect the frame rate much?
            Also, is it a complete vehicle-fest or is there much to do on foot?
            Thanks

Comment

I play operation smoke screen and Taraba all the time, and see quite a few 24/7 servers running only euro maps

Comment

Originally posted by scrat15
                Well I think it's time the sniper class has it's day. Everyone seems to be spamming the Support class these days in BF2, spray n' pray style!
                They pick sniper because sniper can hide away from the action and pick off anyone who by some wacky chance isn't in a tank. It's not so much they "have their day," if anything their score usually sucks, it's just that they don't get killed constantly. :P

Comment

I don't have Euro Force.
                  There should be a poll on this thread to see how many members have Euro Force.

Comment

i thought EF was going to be a waste, but the great wall level adds some much needed new karkand style action. the only real problem is finding servers that play it.

Comment

Originally posted by keyrat
                      i thought EF was going to be a waste, but the great wall level adds some much needed new karkand style action. the only real problem is finding servers that play it.
                      With over 450 EF servers it shouldn't be all that hard.

EF imho was a great way to spend €10 and spend most of my time playing EF maps.

Comment

Originally posted by scrat15
                        I think there's a good chance the next patch will make that happen through popular demand. Nothing at the moment though alas.
                        Hey dude I've been meaning to enquire about this: On op. SS, does all that smoke affect the frame rate much?
                        Also, is it a complete vehicle-fest or is there much to do on foot?
                        Thanks

Op SS is the best map on EF, it's the one map on EF that can offer a (very little) bit of everything. The smoke doesn't touch the frame rate, and makes for interesting gameplay in that little piece of the map. You can stand with impunity in the middle of the smoke and face down a tank - he'll have trouble seeing you!

Generally though, EF is an armour whores wet dream, so much armour and so much open ground between flags. Pilots have a field day as well - so much armour and so much open ground between flags.

Infantry is generally screwed, AT and Spec Ops are the only kits with any value, engineers to a lesser extent.

As for the lack of servers, I don't know why people are doing dedicated EF servers. I mean, EF is a part of VBF2, not a separate game like SF, it should just be included in the map rotation, that way, people might actually play EF maps.

Comment

i wish i haven’t, its not like the $8 i paid for it a lot, but its horrible, all 3 maps are near identical , next time i make sure i know what i'm paying for

i had played 2 hours with EF and probably never again, that’s not a good deal

but to answer your question there are 1000’s of ranked servers, unless you are on an older patch, and have the version checkmark on

Comment

Originally posted by shadow_vision
                            When I login, theres only like 80-90 ranked servers now. Ontop of that, there are only 3 bf2 recorder servers, one of which works lol ... Now I cant figure out what is up but this usually happens right when a new patch comes out and you play on the old patch but .... the only thing I can think is that everyone paid the 10 bucks to switch to Euro? I saw a thread about this the other day so I dont care if this gets moved but Ive searched both manually and with the search option and cant find it anymore. Thx for posts
                            No, they're not.

I find it funny that even here, where everyone was like "OMG U NOOBS U'LL GET €UROFORCES ANYWAY, STOP WHINING" and the amount of people in the Euro Forces section (as well as Special Forces, for that matter) of the forum is lucky to break 20 people, while the retail section is well over 100.

Comment

Originally posted by slam69
                              never , not willing to shell out cash for a game that doesn't have that many servers.along with all the problems it's having. I don't plan to get on board any time soon.

EF isn't a separate game, you just pay your money download the files from EA and that just adds the three new maps to the original BF2, it's not like SF.

Comment

Originally posted by siiix
                                ..all 3 maps are near identical , next time i make sure i know what i'm paying for..
                                Could you explain for the jury how you think SmokeScreen and Great Wall are identical ?

Comment

Working...
                                X