Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banning artillery and VOIP to help reduce lag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banning artillery and VOIP to help reduce lag?

I noticed over the weekend that three servers were banning commanders from using artillery and players from using VOIP, which helps with the 1.21 and 1.22 lag issues.

I know its against EA's TOS to prohibit players from using any gear etc. But, would EA look the otherway on this, considering they screwed up their game with the lag issues?

I dont want to play on these servers and then find my points get stripped from me, like what happens on those pistol and knives only servers.

So any feedback appreciated, before i consider playing these maps.

Re: Banning artillery and VOIP to help reduce lag?

can't see EA "looking the other way" to servers breaking the ROE the lag could be anything and might not be due to the patch such things as spyware too many servers on one box from the server suppliers, server not set up right the games PC specs and the list goes on if you take that into consideration I can't see EA "looking the other way" no, but as far as servers stopping artillery on servers it's the admins who have to worry on that bit not you

Comment

I have said all along that they should remove artillery from SF, Since when are the US using Artillery strikes for stealh operations, but removing VOIP is redicules, it's one of the greatest things in BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy
        I have said all along that they should remove artillery from SF, Since when are the US using Artillery strikes for stealh operations, but removing VOIP is redicules, it's one of the greatest things in BF2
        If they remove the arty, then what does spec ops do on Warlord? Just sneak in the enemy base and steal vehicles?

Lately, I've been looking for new things to do, other than squad up and spam medic bags. I've had more fun playing spec ops on ghost and warlord than I've had in a while. Taking the enemies arty island on ghost is really rewarding--not only do you get the flag cap plus any kills, you also get to blow up the arty, and then you're just an 8 second jet ski ride away from the enemy's main base. One of the more fun things to do is to hop in the enemy's fixed AA inside the base and light up the unsuspecting helo's as they come back for a refit. If I get a good CO who resupplies me (or if the other CO drops crates to repair his assets), then I can rack up 15-20 points on a single demolition/mayhem run inside the enemy base.

And a good time was had by all...

Comment

If you've got a good graffix card, good bband and you use a good server... THERE IS NO LAG IN SF.

Simple, I get none, FULL settings FULL AA.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy

Yeah you got two good points there.

Comment

I think no..it makes the fun more enjoyable with arty and voip

Comment

How is getting blown up by arty... when you are in the middle of GOOD INFANTRY combat considered fun?

There is no way in hell or on earth that arty should be in SF. It only serves to RUIN the fun of the game. Want arty... go play vanilla.

Comment

I never see a difference in lag with VOIP, and VOIP is too much fun to disable.

Comment

Can't do without VOIP and arty is pretty easy to dodge for the most part. Yeah I still get hit with it sometimes but more often than not I dodge it np.

Comment

Artillery is frustrating when you're on the receiving end, but I don't think it ruins any game or anything. That said, I could live without and not lose any sleep...

But VOIP? Are you kidding? VOIP is the one and only thing in the game itself that actively encourages teamwork. How many times are you in a squad with people you don't know? I would expect that to be certainly a significant amount of time, if not the majority of the time. I try to be in a squad with some friends, yes, but there are always randoms joining that squad, or times when my mates aren't playing when I am, or times when my mates are on the opposing team... Then you're forced to play with strangers, and therefore have no means of communicating with them - unless you're going to stand still screaming "shoot me" while you type a chat message. The VOIP must stay - and more people should use it....

IMHO. Lol.

Comment

I say servers that do this kind of thing should be reported!

People that hate Arty! If you can't handle it, go play an RPG game like WOW!

Comment

What lag?

Comment

Working...
                          X