Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Lag and Screen Skipping problems with 1.21/1.22 patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Lag and Screen Skipping problems with 1.21/1.22 patch?

I have been playing BF2 Vanilla and Special Forces, since their first day releases. I rarely ever experienced lag, and when i did it usually just happened just once during a game.

When i upgraded to 1.2 Patch, everything was still working great, even though there were the usually patch bugs.

But, when i upgraded to 1.21 Patch, i began experiencing major freezing-type lag during most of my game play. It got so bad that most of my game deaths were suicides (ie. me falling off building or crashing chopper during lag).

Now that i have upgraded to 1.22 Patch. The freezing-type lag has gotten worst. I am also now getting this Skipping-type lag, imagine seeing images at 3 second intervals. But, i am also getting a "There is a problem with your connection" messages that occurs over and over and over.

Anyone know what the heck is going on?

I have a Dell Dimension 8400 Series, Intel Pentium 4 Processor 530 (3.0GHZ) w/HT Technology and 1MB cache. Windows XP Professional. 2 Gig Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533 MHZ. 128MB ATI Radeon X300 SE. two 250GIG Ulta ATA 7200RPM Hard Drives setup. Intel Pro 1000 PCI NIC Card. 512MPS Business Broadband Connection. Cisco Lynxsys Cable Modem. Cisco Lynxsys Firewall w/Router. My video is set to low and my audio is set to medium. I also have EAX disabled and VOIP disabled. My typical ping rate during gameplay is under 60, usually around 25-48.

I experience no lag or performance issues with any other online game and experienced no such problems with BF2 until patch 1.21 and 1.22. So im guessing its the patch and not my PC.

Re: Major Lag and Screen Skipping problems with 1.21/1.22 patch?

Ever since 1.21 I've been bombarded with connection problems, in all games! Coincidence maybe?

Comment

I've got a similar PC setup and since 1.22 I've been experiencing some frame-rate stutter myself; everything has been smooth as silk up to this point with BF2.

One odd symptom I'm getting, is for no reason, my weapons selector pop-up will appear (in-game) as if I am rolling the center scroll button on my mouse (when I haven't touched it); this always goes hand in had with a quick stutter.

I tried a manual update of PunkBuster, no help. I'm not sure what's causing it, but I'm positive it's 1.22 related as I haven't made any changes to my system at all.

Comment

Originally posted by subzero extreme
        But, when i upgraded to 1.21 Patch, i began experiencing major freezing-type lag during most of my game play. It got so bad that most of my game deaths were suicides (ie. me falling off building or crashing chopper during lag).

Now that i have upgraded to 1.22 Patch. The freezing-type lag has gotten worst. I am also now getting this Skipping-type lag, imagine seeing images at 3 second intervals. But, i am also getting a "There is a problem with your connection" messages that occurs over and over and over.

Anyone know what the heck is going on?

2 different problems:
        1) connection which I have fixed on my system by stopping windows wireless zero config. it is night and day with it on/off. You can shut it off by right clicking my computer, manage, services, then select wireless zero config and choose stop. I cant say if it will help if you dont use wireless (I do) but it works for me.
        2) Stuttering, this I have fixed by doing a ctrl,alt,del and shutting down all processes in my name except taskmgr and explorer. I also shut down my norton internet security.

I have an AMD 3200+ with 1 gig ram and an audiology Z2 sound card.
        I play with all settings high (sound and video) I just have AL off.
        I was having these same problems and was very frustrated but it all seems to work now. I think your right about it being a patch issue.

hope it helps

Comment

Bones69's solution of stopping the wireless service worked on my machine and I have a similar setup except I run RAID 0 and dual channel RAM and custom built machine.

I shut the wireless service off as I dont have any at all in my home. Will be going from copper to fiber eventaully.

Comment

I installed all my patches incrementally. Does anyone think reinstalling BF2 and a full 1.22 patch would resolve this?

Comment

just a quick FYI, I've isolated my problem to my mouse (hardware), not BF2.

Comment

I don't know about all the above however I've been lagging for some time now regardless of my computer which used to run this game on (top) settings perfectly well.

Now it only does so for a liitle while then its lagg attack!

So many people are coming forward with the same issue, half those stating that they fixed them by one means or another however none of these things has helped me or even related to my setup.

All I know is that it used to run fine until around three months ago, it still runs fine single player, and that the only difference I've seen is that it now takes longer for it to start lagging where as it used to be as soon as I entered a game.

On this most of the servers are gone, I can only find around 30-40 of them at the best of times....

I belive this is relevent to the problem...

This issue has dragged on for months, EA used to tell me that I was an isloated issue however it is clear that I am not....

Comment

Originally posted by Layzan
                  So many people are coming forward with the same issue.

All I know is that it used to run fine until around three months ago.

I dont really know what EA is doing. But, as the godfather would say "heads will start rolling". I think EA needs a shakeup among their programmers.

Lets face it, video games is a billion dollar industry and most people in college for software development, are focusing more and more on video games. So there must be lots of good talent out there.

I think EA needs some "out of the box thinking".

I have never had so many new problems with a game before. I had JOTR and downloaded dozens of maps and Mods and never had trouble. But, everytime EA has a new patch, its a failure. Yeah they fix one or two things and then screw up a dozen new things.

So now that my hard drive has gotten corrupted for the 3rd time during BF2 game play (see my other post on this), i have decided to discontinue playing BF2 and wait until something better has come along.

Comment

Working...
                  X